CA Power PE License Application Timeline

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VM34

Reaction score
Hi guys, I passed my Power PE exam in November and submitted by application on December 1st. All four of my references completed their parts within a week. Its been almost a month and a half and I have not seen any updates. How long does it usually take to hear back from the board?

Have you looked on the website to make sure you do not have any deficiencies or have hit the submit button after fixing deficiencies. My path was a little different as I applied via comity, but I applied 6/14/22, technical review 7/18/22, licensure 8/30/22. One of the things that held mine up was I had to resubmit fingerprints.

Someone I know said it took them about six months. This was about 8-10 months ago. Not sure if it is better now.

Hi guys, I passed my Power PE exam in November and submitted by application on December 1st. All four of my references completed their parts within a week. Its been almost a month and a half and I have not seen any updates. How long does it usually take to hear back from the board?
Send me a PM with your name and I'll check status for you

Hi all,
Similar question. I passed my Electrical PE exam about 2 years ago and finally submitted all of my application stuff this March. I found out that one of my references was not able to respond to his reference request for a few weeks. But, it seems like all of my references have now responded.
In the portal my application shows as "Technical Review" but I have not heard anything from BPELSG. Should I assume this means they have everything they need?
Does anyone have recent experience submitting the Power PE applications that could give me a time frame for how long the technical review takes, and how long the entire review process is?
Thank you,
Jarrett

Hi all,
Similar question. I passed my Electrical PE exam about 2 years ago and finally submitted all of my application stuff this March. I found out that one of my references was not able to respond to his reference request for a few weeks. But, it seems like all of my references have now responded.
In the portal my application shows as "Technical Review" but I have not heard anything from BPELSG. Should I assume this means they have everything they need?
Does anyone have recent experience submitting the Power PE applications that could give me a time frame for how long the technical review takes, and how long the entire review process is?
Thank you,
Jarrett
If its in Technical Review stage, that means your application was determined to be complete with all the required information ready to be reviewed by the technical staff. If there are no issues with your education/experience, you'll be notified of it being approved. If there are some issues or in need of clarification, you'll be issued. All through the online system.

If its in Technical Review stage, that means your application was determined to be complete with all the required information ready to be reviewed by the technical staff. If there are no issues with your education/experience, you'll be notified of it being approved. If there are some issues or in need of clarification, you'll be issued. All through the online system.
Thanks for the quick update! I will try and keep the forum updated with my timeline as I progress through the application process.

Back