CA ME PE Deficiencies

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenearth9797

Reaction score
Hello there. I have a question about the PE application processing protocols for California on the new connect portal.

I submitted an application on September 28th for ME. Prior to submitting I called the board and let them know that the e-transcripts I was sending were encrypted by the University and had to be opened within 7 days of receipt. I expressed concern that I didn’t want to have an deficiencies down the road because my transcripts weren’t downloaded. I was told that the email is regularly checked and my transcripts would be filed. Well — today was the day the reviewer logged on to evaluate my app to potentially send to tech review, and I got hit with a deficiency for not sending transcripts. I called and was pretty much told that someone forgot to open mine. I resent transcripts promptly after noticing the deficiency. My question is this:

Does this now drop my application lower in the stack so I’ll potentially have to wait another 2 months before it’s looked at? Or within the portal on the back end, is there a pathway where applications with resolved deficiencies are expedited? I guess I’m just a little bummed about the situation and am trying to see if anyone has any good news about my situation. Thanks so much in advance!

I’d recommend asking this question directly to the person doing the technical review of your application, if you are able to. In the past (before it was an online application System), you could find your reviewer based on the first letter of your last name, and then could email them with questions. Also in the past, I had something missing from my application, and had to send it in, and my reviewer then picked my application back up in short order. I wasn’t put back at the end of the “pile”, more shifted to a “pile” that needed follow up.

Perhaps @CAPLS might also be able to provide some assistance.

EDIT: Edit to put quotes around “pile”, since additional information was provided by @CAPLS below.

Last edited:
Hello there. I have a question about the PE application processing protocols for California on the new connect portal.

I submitted an application on September 28th for ME. Prior to submitting I called the board and let them know that the e-transcripts I was sending were encrypted by the University and had to be opened within 7 days of receipt. I expressed concern that I didn’t want to have an deficiencies down the road because my transcripts weren’t downloaded. I was told that the email is regularly checked and my transcripts would be filed. Well — today was the day the reviewer logged on to evaluate my app to potentially send to tech review, and I got hit with a deficiency for not sending transcripts. I called and was pretty much told that someone forgot to open mine. I resent transcripts promptly after noticing the deficiency. My question is this:

Does this now drop my application lower in the stack so I’ll potentially have to wait another 2 months before it’s looked at? Or within the portal on the back end, is there a pathway where applications with resolved deficiencies are expedited? I guess I’m just a little bummed about the situation and am trying to see if anyone has any good news about my situation. Thanks so much in advance!
There is no "stack". And yes Board staff can view applications in different stages of completion.

Back