CA License Watch Oct. 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else gotten their license numbers or an approval email from their evaluators?
Yes,

To give an idea of the timeline:

My application was received on 12/18

My check was cashed on 12/24

I received an email saying I was in technical review on 1/14

I received an email with my application approval on 2/6

My license showed up in the database on 2/15

BPELSG issues license numbers on the 1st and 3rd friday of every month. You should receive a confirmation from your evaluator (based on first letter of last name) stating that the notification has been received and processed, and that if ALL other requirements are met your license number will be issued. Usually on the following 1st or 3rd Friday of the month after the date in which you received that email. 

You will then receive your cert and paper pocket license in approx 6-8 weeks followed by a plastic pocket ID in approx 12 weeks.

NOTE: Do NOT forget to pay for your renewal fee before the expiration date. IIRC the date is 3/31/19. You only get a few months after your license is first issued to pay the fee.
Good morning all,

I am incredibly happy to have passed the Seismic exam and have now passed all 3 required following completion of the EIT (8-hour, Survey, and Seismic).

My questions:

Is the info referenced above true?

Will license numbers be updated this Friday, the first Friday of March, in that case? 

Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

Has anyone had experience after all three CA exams are passed?  I received notification I passed my last exam last month (Feb), but have received nothing saying I am done, or congratulations or anything.  I don't need to submit a notice of completion on the NCEES, as I applied before they started that procedure.  They have had my NCEES results for a while.  Just curious in anyone's experience how long it typically takes to receive notification and licensure in CA once your last exam is passed.  I have even called the board and they didn't have any firm answers....There is nothing on their website giving any information regarding this that I can find.  Any ideas?

Good morning all,

I am incredibly happy to have passed the Seismic exam and have now passed all 3 required following completion of the EIT (8-hour, Survey, and Seismic).

My questions:

Is the info referenced above true?

Will license numbers be updated this Friday, the first Friday of March, in that case? 

Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you.
Hey Aspiring, any update for your post?  I think I am having the same issue...

Anyone else gotten their license numbers or an approval email from their evaluators?
I haven't received anything.  Just notice of passing my last test.  I am a bit confused.  Had notice of passing test Feb 12th, then nothing after that.  I have a friend that passed her last test this past October.  She received her notification on passing on the 8th, then within 10 days she received two congrats emails, one with her temp license number and seal image.  I am quite confused.   I don't see any updates or emails.  You have any updates?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Aspiring, any update for your post?  I think I am having the same issue...
No, the only thing I believe may be a cause is that there is a miscommunication within the Board as to whether the ATT will trigger a license or not. I had to provide NCEES ID# for testing approval for the Seismic and Survey exams, but maybe I should send another notice to the Board that I passed the 8-hour to ensure it is received.

Otherwise, I truly do not know what I can do to obtain my license.

I haven't received anything.  Just notice of passing my last test.  I am a bit confused.  Had notice of passing test Feb 12th, then nothing after that.  I have a friend that passed her last test this past October.  She received her notification on passing on the 8th, then within 10 days she received two congrats emails, one with her temp license number and seal image.  I am quite confused.   I don't see any updates or emails.  You have any updates?
I received notice I had passed my last exam in mid-January and am still waiting for a license number (going on 7 weeks now). After a few attempts to contact the board, I finally got a response last week saying the review of one portion of my application had been delayed and my license would be issued March 1st. But it's the 4th now and I still haven't gotten any confirmation, and it doesn't look like they issued any licenses at all on March 1st. For what it's worth, I've been frequently checking the license lookup database and for some reason only 11 licenses were issued in February (compared to typical 100+ in previous months). 

I reached out to them again yesterday.  Sounds like there was some technical failure/difficulty according to them.  I don't know what that means.  They also indicated that no notices of overall completion or congratulations (as they have sent in previous months/years) were going to be sent.  I am not sure what you will use then to put this on file at a place of employment.  It's all very strange and confusing.  I have seen the congrats letters from last year.  They were very nice.  I wish I would get one.  I asked them if there was anything I could do to help them, and they just told me that everyone that passed and is complete should receive their license update to the website by the end of the week.  Guess I will check back Friday.  Good luck to you all!

@BIGFANWW2PLANES I am still waiting for my license number. My application was sent to the board on 01/16,check got cashed on 01/29 and I got an email saying my application is in technical review on 02/15.I have not heard anything from them after that.

If we they dont send the notices, how will we will know if our application is approved?

Yes,

To give an idea of the timeline:

My application was received on 12/18

My check was cashed on 12/24

I received an email saying I was in technical review on 1/14

I received an email with my application approval on 2/6

My license showed up in the database on 2/15
Mine looks like you timeline just a month behind. Hopefully I should hear from them anytime soon,based of your application dates.

@BIGFANWW2PLANES I just searched my name in the database and a license number showed up. I guess, I just have to wait for the stamp.

Does anyone know why my license is expiring on 30 June,2019? I thought we get the license for a year.

Back