Buy 12 glue stick, 45 crayons, 6 reames of paper

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cripes. We got a brochure of school supplies and a fair warning that teachers may still ask for something after the first day of school. 

I know, and I thought I wasn't going to feel sad about it until it started happening...

Mrs RG did pretty well dropping the eldest kid off at college, I thought she might be a little sad, but I think it was “time”

May be a different story when we do that for the last kid though…

Sure enough...did the open house at elementary school yesterday and 2nd grade, "oh hey, just put all your supplies in the baskets over there".  Once again, supplementing all the kids who's parents can't be bothered with getting school supplies.  At least 5th grade all the supplies went in their locker.

60882497.jpg

First full week of 4K for mini-Fox. Time flies...

Oh, and with all the bins of extra supplies I saw, I really don't know why anyone in the ENTIRE class had to even purchase any supplies this year. LOL

Didn't buy a damn thing supply wise other than a laptop and the curriculum fees.  She needed a computer anyways, and so far, we're very happy with the home school curriculum.  They keep adding more and more features due to the influx in kids this year anyways, which is nice.

i suppose no one is doing much of this this year?
I packed mine off on Monday. Collected the final supplies on Sunday. Mostly notebooks and folders. 

If this hybrid thing is going to work, I need more than 3 minutes notice of what they are expected to do on the Tuesday and Friday and every other Wednesday they are home.

Also, I need slack if I forget to send my kid to school on the right Wednesday. And which day has gym? Are we day 1 or day 2? Is that day 1 on a 'B' day or an 'A' day? (Mine only go 'A; days.)

I packed mine off on Monday. Collected the final supplies on Sunday. Mostly notebooks and folders. 

If this hybrid thing is going to work, I need more than 3 minutes notice of what they are expected to do on the Tuesday and Friday and every other Wednesday they are home.

Also, I need slack if I forget to send my kid to school on the right Wednesday. And which day has gym? Are we day 1 or day 2? Is that day 1 on a 'B' day or an 'A' day? (Mine only go 'A; days.)
I would just give up and keep them home full time. I already have too many meetings to remember. 

homework/tasks for remote days needs to be posted before 9 am.  the night before would be great.  Communication would be nice too.  like advanced notice that placement tests were going to be part of the remote days.  

Back