Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking of splurging and getting Chinese for lunch today. Hmmm.
It's pay day, so I'm about to go treat myself to the Chinese buffet.
The $1 per scoop place?
We had one of those in college and it was so good. Scoops...mmm...something that if I tried to eat it now would make me sick.
Yep, just like Taco Bell for me. The best part of the $1 scoop place was that their fried rice was awesome. Eat 2 scoops of that and some egg-drop soup when hungover, and you'll feel like superman before you're done. Haven't tried it since college (haven't been that drunk since college either), so I don't know if I can stand it anymore.

Edit: Post #1500!!

Last edited:
Turkey club and potato wedges. Got treated to lunch by one of our consumables reps. And got some new welding equipment to play with too!

burrito plus a packet of easy mac - it doesn't taste as good as normal mac and cheese, but it sure is easy to make at work (and bland, which is a requirement of all foods I eat right now)

I'll probably make a dent in my stash of girl scout cookies for an afternoon snack. Yum!

Buffalo Chicken at Subway for me today... thats not a bad sammich if you ask me. Baked Doritos suck though.

Stopped at home for lunch on my way back to the office from Aspen. Lean Cuisine lasagna, tortilla chips, cookie and a diet cherry Dr. Pepper.

They are having a PE recognition lunch today in the office for E-week and this is the first year I get to go to it! Don't know what food they will have, but with all the cost cutting that's going on, we could be having the same thing as Slacker.

While I am tempted to try the patty melt, today might be a chili-cheeseburger kind of afternoon.

I brought in donuts to the office today... I'm getting evil looks from the women who are on diets. This isn't helping my diet much either but oh well!

I brought in donuts to the office today... I'm getting evil looks from the women who are on diets. This isn't helping my diet much either but oh well!
Isn't it funny how they get pissed off at you for bringing donuts, yet they proceed to eat half a dozen each? Donuts are not a terrible breakfast if you only eat 1 or 2, and reduce the size of your lunch accordingly. But I know that I'm entirely capable of demolishing a dozen Krispy Kreme's by myself.

Isn't it funny how they get pissed off at you for bringing donuts, yet they proceed to eat half a dozen each? Donuts are not a terrible breakfast if you only eat 1 or 2, and reduce the size of your lunch accordingly.
Probably they're pissed because their weak wills cannot stand the temptation.

But, at 29% of daily fat requirement per each, I think donuts are a terrible choice for breakfast. Slightly better than nothing, I suppose.

I had one powdered donut...looks like I still hurt my diet! And I have an appt with the endocrinologist later today... good thing I had my bloodwork done YESTERDAY!

Grilled chicken sammich, yogurt and a diet cherry dr pepper

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to a chili cookoff this afternoon sponsored by the local Harley dealership. I'm mildly scared. It's a good thing I installed those seatbelts and shock absorbers on the commode recently...

Latest posts

Back