Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked myself up a huge bottle of Frank's Red Hot.
I LOVE that sauce!!
I had a full, unopened bottle of Texas Pete's on my desk the other morning. Somebody decided they wanted it more than me.
This is my favorite hot sauce, had some today with my stir fry. Yum

sriracha.jpg

I picked myself up a huge bottle of Frank's Red Hot.
I LOVE that sauce!!
I had a full, unopened bottle of Texas Pete's on my desk the other morning. Somebody decided they wanted it more than me.
This is my favorite hot sauce, had some today with my stir fry. Yum

sriracha.jpg
At my work we simply just call it "the rooster."

I have no idea how it is pronounced, but I must agree that it is some tasty stuff!!

Had a change of plans. A lighting rep offered to take us out to lunch, so I had bangers and mash at the local brew-pub. I guess tomorrow will be Mediterranean.

Well, the boss brought us some King Cake. So my lunch line up has changed today. It is now PB&J, banana, Quaker Oat bar, apple, King Cake.

Quick recipe hint: Take that sauce, add a little honey, marinate some chicken wings in the mix, then bake. When I made this recipe for a office chicken wing cook-off, it took first place. Even if it did cause a couple of the judges to cry.
What's a good ratio of hot sauce to honey? 1:1? 4:1? 30:1? :p

Quick recipe hint: Take that sauce, add a little honey, marinate some chicken wings in the mix, then bake. When I made this recipe for a office chicken wing cook-off, it took first place. Even if it did cause a couple of the judges to cry.
What's a good ratio of hot sauce to honey? 1:1? 4:1? 30:1? :p
I really haven't measured what I use. I just add honey in small increments until I like the flavor. I'm probably on the 10:1 side of the mixture, but one of the guys I was seeing liked it closer to the 2:1. That mix tasted like candy to me!

Leave it to an engineer to request a recipie using ratios. TX already said "a little", which would imply something like "season to taste."

Edit: oops, beat me to the punch

Last edited:
I ended up not going. Today was SWE lunch day also but I forgot. I had some leftover pot roast, risotto and carrots. 'Twas pretty good.

Back