Bike to Work Day

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudpuppy

Reaction score
Tomorrow is National Bike to Work Day. Will anyone be joining me?

For me it's 4 miles each way, not all that far but just enough to get me energizied and awake for the work day. Plus it helps get my exercise in without having to schedule extra time for it, since it takes 10 minutes to drive or about 17 minutes to bike.

i wish i could but it is a 55 mile or so commute one way for me. Might break the bike/kid trailer combo out tomorrow and go for a ride tomorrow though in honor of the day.

Probably. Do you have a bike seat large enough to accommodate your tank?

It takes me about an hour to get to work with most of it being on the freeway. Between that and the fact that I currently don't have a bike, I will probably not be riding tomorrow...

I'm off work tomorrow, but will be taking the bike out for a tour in honor. After I sleep in. Which is going to be late. Cuase I'm hanging out with PBR this evening. And he's probably going to invite Tequilla over.

My commute is from the ground floor to the basement. I'm not riding my bike down the stairs.

riding a bike down a flight of stairs is highly dangerous...maybe ride around the block once for a break??

Like several others have mentioned, I don't have a bike and even if I did I wouldn't be riding it to work. Don't really want to ride down the interstate on a bike.

I'll be riding tomorrow. In the Seattle area they do a challenge thing where you have to ride so many times in a month to pass.

I've learned to avoid any cyclic motion involving my ass or thighs. Its for the benefit of others around me.

Back