April 2021 SE Exam Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 30/40 and IR for all four problems. What did I do wrong in PM?? Any advice would be appreciated. This is for Lateral only.

I got 30/40 and IR for all four problems. What did I do wrong in PM?? Any advice would be appreciated. This is for Lateral only.
I felt like I rocked the PM and got 1A and 3IR. Wondering the same thing myself.

This was my second time taking lateral. I wrote a butt ton more than I did last time, explaining my logic and citing every thing little thing I could from the codes. I think I can say this without breaking any NCEES rules: I feel like there wasn't even that much maff involved this time, and it seemed to be more focused on how you approach the problem and work your way through it.

This was my second time taking lateral. I wrote a butt ton more than I did last time, explaining my logic and citing every thing little thing I could from the codes. I think I can say this without breaking any NCEES rules: I feel like there wasn't even that much maff involved this time, and it seemed to be more focused on how you approach the problem and work your way through it.
Especially that wood problem.

Not to get too into the weeds... but I was actually the opposite. I worked math on everything. I also did have an intro "approach/methodology" outlined up front. I know it isn't the recommended approach by many, but I can't help but work out every number. Good thing it appears either approach can get you there.

Not to get too into the weeds... but I was actually the opposite. I worked math on everything. I also did have an intro "approach/methodology" outlined up front. I know it isn't the recommended approach by many, but I can't help but work out every number. Good thing it appears either approach can get you there.
It kind of sounds like we did the same thing, actually. I definitely showed my math, so I don't want anyone to think you can get away without crunching some numbers, but my point was it didn't really seem that involved compared to my first attempt, and supplementing my math with a thorough explanation of what I'm doing seemed to work this time. My answers were basically: This is what the problem seems to want -> here's how I'm gonna go about it and here's my assumption(s) -> here's some math -> here's my written conclusion (if needed)

Hi all,
No one even sent kudos to this astrologer for predicting 11 June morning as the big moment from the day the October exam registration was announced and 4 or 5 times since. Rodney Dangerfield's " No respect".

Kevo, where is my $20?

More seriously, this morning was a roller coaster. While the results were Unacceptable to NCEES, it was close but no cigar on both Vertical and Lateral for this 75 year old SE aspirant. Note 75 in the EB AT 75. The results were Acceptable to me in my effort. I am happy with myself. As I have said over and over again, NCEES has my respect for it's aim and duty to protect public safety.

As this leg of the roller coaster ride was heading downwards, the next leg was riding up. This morning I had an offer to work 6 months every year for a disaster assistance agency. I am also waiting on another interview I had for a Senior Civil Engineer with a resource management outfit. I may take the 6 months every year dig, do some other things like traveling, catching up on some things I had put off.

So, EB members will be relieved that I will be taking a hiatus. Moving this summer, a new dig etc will not see me irritating folks on the forum. Don't know when but I will be back.

To those who passed, congratulations. To others, if I could have come close, take that as an inspiration.

So long. Continue to stay safe. Signing off with my paperweight.

Hi all,
No one even sent kudos to this astrologer for predicting 11 June morning as the big moment from the day the October exam registration was announced and 4 or 5 times since. Rodney Dangerfield's " No respect".

Kevo, where is my $20?

More seriously, this morning was a roller coaster. While the results were Unacceptable to NCEES, it was close but no cigar on both Vertical and Lateral for this 75 year old SE aspirant. Note 75 in the EB AT 75. The results were Acceptable to me in my effort. I am happy with myself. As I have said over and over again, NCEES has my respect for it's aim and duty to protect public safety.

As this leg of the roller coaster ride was heading downwards, the next leg was riding up. This morning I had an offer to work 6 months every year for a disaster assistance agency. I am also waiting on another interview I had for a Senior Civil Engineer with a resource management outfit. I may take the 6 months every year dig, do some other things like traveling, catching up on some things I had put off.

So, EB members will be relieved that I will be taking a hiatus. Moving this summer, a new dig etc will not see me irritating folks on the forum. Don't know when but I will be back.

To those who passed, congratulations. To others, if I could have come close, take that as an inspiration.

So long. Continue to stay safe. Signing off with my paperweight.
Today was also the day I had my money on. At least I got something right, I guess?

Back