April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you took test in Georgia, login to secretary's website and check. I would post link, but this site will not let me. I have already received my license!
i logged in and under your licenses - professional engineer - it just says pending for license number and status. does this mean anything or does everyone's say that before they pass/fail people?

Can anyone in civil structural that passed give any pointers? I took a review course and still failed. I have practice exams. Maybe there are different ones I should try?
This was my first time taking the PE. I have 6 years work experience since I have an Eng. Tech degree and my work exposes me to many different structural materials and uses.

That said, I still took EET civil breadth and structural depth on demand and watched every video. I worked many problems in the civil breadth review since that has been since college for even seeing some of that stuff. I focused most of my study on the AM session. With the PM structural depth, I just did problems where I needed the most help which was honestly in Analysis of loads and structures. I also found it was important to be as familiar as possible with the codes (AISC, ACI, ASCE 7, NDS, etc.) I tabbed a lot. I mean a lot.

I used the EET cheat sheets and kept them in separate binders for easy reference. I used them a lot on the exam, esp the civil breadth. I did the EET practice exam just like exam day. Two four hour timed sessions in my office on a Saturday with no one around and all my references. I did ok, but did not score what I considered to be a passing grade.

So I studied harder and beefed up my cheat sheets with extra notes. I ran out of time and did not end up working many of the EET structural depth problems. I did not get the NCEES practice exams, though I intended to, just ran out of time.

On exam day, I felt really good when I finished my AM. I tried not to guess on more than 8 or 10. I think I ended up guessing on 6 or 7 and of those, I felt pretty good about my guesses.

For the PM, I first looked through and felt like a deer in the headlights. I was nervous especially when I kept passing over problems to not get stalled. But I just buckled down and did problems I felt confident on. Then on to problems I was a little unsure about and hit my references hard. Finally, I was able to get a rhythm and do okay. Some problems I just ended up guessing on, probably 10 or 11.

Just have to remain calm and try to be as organized as you can. I only took the references that were on the NCEES list (except AASHTO). I had old copies of OSHA. I found and printed a copy of the PCI book. Other than my references, I took my small binder with EET cheat sheets and the two EET binders.

Does NJ usually come out the next day? Looks like East coast offices are done and closing and still nothing from NJ 😫

Ah good job!! I know you said you focused on lots of practice problems this round. Which ones did you find most helpful??
I'll type up something more helpful in another thread because there are some tangibles and intangibles that I want to put out there that may help others.

I basically did a lot of problems that were a touch harder than the exam. The Goswami exams are hard but if you work through them to understand the concepts behind those problems, then that should help.

The Civil Engineering PE Practice Exams: 2 Full Breadth Exams are on the easier side but a good ego boost and temperature check for readiness.

I bought all of the NCEES Civil depth exams and picked out problems to work through. I also paid attention to the way NCEES solved a problem. There's a lesson in the solutions.

I got my hands on the SoPE practice problems and worked those with the EET practice problems, simulated exams, and some ancient ASCE exams. I worked problems for hours. And hours. And hours.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You did it! It’s party time now! Since I’m seeing this over an hour late, I fully hope you’re a couple deep by now!
THANK YOU!!!!! in a meeting but i was so close. i was on the phone with my mom and then my phone dinged with a 15 minute reminder. lol but the champagne is chilling as i type!

Back