April 2021 15k Spam Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@beccabun PE I can relate! I constantly have to be worried about something.

To be honest, the most stressful part of the wedding day (for me) was just forking over allll my money to the vendors for final payments and tips. The logistics can be a headache too, but if you get a good planner (which we did), it's not too bad.

But be ready to have the biggest decision fatigue of your life by your wedding day. I remember being broken when we had to select napkin colors. I DID NOT CARE WHAT SHADE OF GREEN THEY WERE. My planner could have used paper towels for all I cared at that point.
We've considered getting a day of coordinator, but damn those are expensive too! But I don't want to make my sister & his brother deal with all the day of things like tips and centerpieces and last minute touches.

We've considered getting a day of coordinator, but damn those are expensive too! But I don't want to make my sister & his brother deal with all the day of things like tips and centerpieces and last minute touches.
Arghh I know, it's really pricey. If I can continue offering unsolicited advice (I'm sorry! It's just fun to talk about weddings :p ), I'd say the expenses are well worth it. My cousin had a really small wedding a couple of months before I got engaged, and even with just 10 people there, I was able to witness some coordinating frustrations that were fresh on my mind when I did get engaged. You're so busy the day of that it's nice having someone else be in charge of all the logistics and not have to bother you with any of it, since that's their job and they know what to do. It really streamlines everything. I would definitely recommend one, unless you are having a super small wedding.

There were definitely things my husband and I opted not to do to save money. We spent good money on a photographer but ultimately decided not to get a videographer (they are CRAZY EXPENSIVE). We basically crowd-sourced our wedding videos from our friends using an app. It was hit or miss, but overall it worked out well for what we wanted.

Definitely get the day of coordinator! If you’re like me, you don’t want to be burdened with all the logistics, and/or will feel guilty for having a friend or family member do it. That is money well spent, in my opinion. The one wedding I went to that didn’t have one was fun, but kind of a mess. The groom himself was telling everyone what table’s turn it was for the buffet. Maybe I’m old school, but I knew I didn’t want to have to do that at my wedding!

Also, we could byob at our venue also. We chose to go with BevMo, rather than Costco, because they could deliver, and our wedding site was a little bit remote. So that’s something to consider as well, especially if you’re buying a LOT of alcohol, like we were.

Arghh I know, it's really pricey. If I can continue offering unsolicited advice (I'm sorry! It's just fun to talk about weddings :p ),
I welcome any advice about wedding stuff, I ideally only plan my wedding once, so I'll take all the advice I can get
I'd say the expenses are well worth it. My cousin had a really small wedding a couple of months before I got engaged, and even with just 10 people there, I was able to witness some coordinating frustrations that were fresh on my mind when I did get engaged. You're so busy the day of that it's nice having someone else be in charge of all the logistics and not have to bother you with any of it, since that's their job and they know what to do. It really streamlines everything. I would definitely recommend one, unless you are having a super small wedding.
Definitely not a small wedding, I unfortunately am a sucker for attention, so it's going to be about 125 people. I think I just need to research more and find someone who is high quality but also not an insane amount of money
There were definitely things my husband and I opted not to do to save money. We spent good money on a photographer but ultimately decided not to get a videographer (they are CRAZY EXPENSIVE). We basically crowd-sourced our wedding videos from our friends using an app. It was hit or miss, but overall it worked out well for what we wanted.
Exactly, I don't necessarily want a videographer anyway, but with what we're dropping on photography, it's out of the budget for sure now. What app did you guys use!?

Save the money and elope spam. Put money into mutual funds for 10 years, cash out and take a small group of friends and fam to someplace remote for a renewed vow ceremony.

grilled Spam on toast with a slice of melted cheese and a bit of Miracle Whip is to die for.......

I welcome any advice about wedding stuff, I ideally only plan my wedding once, so I'll take all the advice I can get

Definitely not a small wedding, I unfortunately am a sucker for attention, so it's going to be about 125 people. I think I just need to research more and find someone who is high quality but also not an insane amount of money

Exactly, I don't necessarily want a videographer anyway, but with what we're dropping on photography, it's out of the budget for sure now. What app did you guys use!?
Ok good haha.

We used WeddingMix. The link has some actual videos that you can review. The app itself was really easy to use. I think the most issues we had were with the editing process -they used this shitty music for our video and edited that over our wedding jam. We were able to work these issues out, of course, and it was pretty cheap in comparison to videographers (which would have cost us probably another ~$10K), so you get what you pay for.

Save the money and elope spam. Put money into mutual funds for 10 years, cash out and take a small group of friends and fam to someplace remote for a renewed vow ceremony.
I don't know, it's really hard for me to put a price tag on a day of attention directed fully at me

The best wedding advice I can give. I know that planning everything can be super stressful, but when it comes to the day of... HAVE FUN!!!! This is your day. It's a huge party for you and your spouse. It doesn't matter if something "goes wrong" or the logistics aren't quite right. Who cares if the wrong table goes to the buffet first. Focus on enjoying yourself and fuck everything else. It's your day.

Yes to everything @jean15paul_PE said. At one point during dinner, I looked up and saw that my dad had decided to go rogue with the seating arrangements and play musical chairs - I saw him walk across the dining room carrying a chair so that the sister that he's always mad at could sit next to him at his table.

Yes to everything @jean15paul_PE said. At one point during dinner, I looked up and saw that my dad had decided to go rogue with the seating arrangements and play musical chairs - I saw him walk across the dining room carrying a chair so that the sister that he's always mad at could sit next to him at his table.

well at least they weren't fighting!

Last edited:
oh goodie! i didn't want to overload you. lol

"day-of" coordinator is a must. linen colors don't matter. you said you splurged on the photographer. good choice. can't replace the memories captured on film. we didn't have a videographer and it's okay.

the best last minute "why not" decision i made was the best. i got a photo booth (photographer, background, props) primarily for the older family members who might not dance and didn't want to just sit around watching people. i didn't look into it very heavily so i was super surprised to see that that the photographer put together a nice photo album of every single picture that was taken. our guests made comments too and it's literally my most cherished possession from my wedding day.

i loved having a smaller wedding. i remember almost everything. i know that isn't an option for a lot of people. and yes, i had to fight my mom on some of the invites she wanted me to add to the list. i kept it to aunts and uncles, no cousins or children or else the list would have been enormous. i had open bar, all kinds of wine, and rum punch (husband is jamaican). i kept the ceremony short and sweet. like 20 minutes lol - no singing, reading, poems, interpretive dance, mime performances, magic shows, dogs, or children.

it was in august so i chose a hotel. august is tricky here... it can be really really hot. i also didn't want to risk it with rain. it's nice to have a place i can always go back to that's still standing. the place was gorgeous on its own (hotel monaco) so we didn't have to do a lot to dress it up. we also didn't have to worry about parking since there was valet service.

i splurged on my dress, photographer, and flowers (not by choice, it just happened). i also picked my dress in like an hour. i tried on 2 dresses and picked one with a massive train. no regrets.

i had a small wedding party - a maid of honor, matron of honor, a groomsman, and a bestwoman. the bestwoman wore the same dress as the bridesmaids but in black. she is my husband's best friend. the rehearsal dinner was intimate and so much fun. another couple got engaged at the restaurant that night and we took a picture with them (because drunk). it was great!

so here's all of the details you didn't ask for. you're welcome.

Last edited:
Also here's a Q for all the wedding having folks, what was your first dance song?
@txjennah PE @jean15paul_PE @civilrobot @djl @vhab49_PE @MeowMeow
i let my mother pick it because she was driving me batsh-t crazy and she needed something to do. i never remember the name of it and that's the running joke between my husband and i. he knows the name of it. lol

i think it was "When God Made You" by newsong and natalie grant... says google. i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back