April 2021 15k Spam Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for some spam that's secretly complaining about the weather!

Why does the weather forecast always suck for the weekends when you plan to go to the beach?

Trying to find indoor activities in a beach town....frustrating

because okay sure you can go to a spa or a winery but that's expensive. you know what's not expensive? THE BEACH.

lets do a mid-year festivus airing of grievances just for fun....
i'll start...
I have to start going back to the office and all my pants are tight and super uncomfortable...
My husband farts in his sleep and they're so loud they wake me up sometimes...
Almost all of my favorite shows get cancelled too early...

Why are weddings so expensive? Why am I so bad at staying on budget? I am dreading dress shopping. I don't want to pay for invitations and save the dates.
Because they are a commercial enterprise.
Don't do save the dates.
My SIL rented her wedding dress. She saw no reason to buy an expensive dress that she would never use again, and was not overly picky about the dress itself, so it worked for her.

My SIL rented her wedding dress. She saw no reason to buy an expensive dress that she would never use again, and was not overly picky about the dress itself, so it worked for her.
definitely considering renting, but i gotta deal with with plus size nonsense, so i know alterations would need to happen. I'm hoping that I can find something on resale through fb marketplace.
Also, my pants are too tight.
It hurts.
Pants are a nightmare that's why I wear leggings and dresses 95% of the time

Why are weddings so expensive? Why am I so bad at staying on budget? I am dreading dress shopping. I don't want to pay for invitations and save the dates.
This may not be an option at your venue...but we saved a lot of money by just hiring a bartender to come, and we bought all our booze at costco. We had like 4 different kinds of beer, 4 kinds of boxed wine - 2 red and 2 white (Bota Box is da shizzz), and we did 4 cocktails (one delicious vodka drink the bartender made up for us with strawberries and some other stuff - I named it Drunk in Love, Horsefeather, some Gin drink, and something else I can't remember)...The drinks were free for our guests but I put a bowl out so people could tip her and I think she made a killing. And it was only like $250 to pay her to come for the night. And I think we spent maybe like $1,000 on booze. We had around 120 people.

Also, I bought a template on Etsy for invitation (did not do save the date), and then printed them on cardstock at FedEx. Bought nice envelopes online on envelopes.com. I also did RSVP with little envelopes that were already stamped so they could mail back. But you could have them RSVP on some kind of online thing to save money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back