April 2019 SE Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So ready for this part of my life to be over. It has been a struggle for way too long. Good luck to all of you. Especially if you are in Georgia where there is no other option to licensure for anyone who designs any kind of building. If I ever manage to get on the state board, I will push for a bylaw that demands the current members must pass any new exams they intend to adopt. If there isn’t a PE there in that specialty, they shouldn’t be adopting new exams in that discipline anyway. I really don’t believe the current PEs practicing structural there could pass this thing but who knows, I’ve seen a terribly stupid engineer that somehow did (or claims he did and has a stamp). Yet another reason I believe the grading is extremely inconsistent.

“May the dice of life roll in our favor this administration and may the tears of joy flow forth from thine faces upon reception of Acceptable results.” ~

FutureSE

Upon passing, I will have to change my name. 😃

Last edited by a moderator:
FutureSE - Can you share your experience with EET Lateral classes?

Freak-out mode where you start planning for what to do if I don't make it. I did two sample tests from PPI and NCCES and found the exam to be a lot harder. 
@Maya_206The EET lateral course really helped me to understand the concepts behind special seismic detailing. In my opinion, it was an insurmountable hurdle to handle on my own due to my lack of exposure, and the lack of exposure of those around me, to high seismic design. If you have people around that are competent in seismic design that you can go to with questions, the course may not be needed. However, if you have no one competent in seismic and your shortcomings (like mine) fall within this category, then I can honestly say the EET lateral course will get you where you need to be on a conceptual and code level. If you are having difficulty in other sections, it could still help but the only reason I could see not to take it would be if you have weaknesses in structural analysis. The course is more so geared to code knowledge and most of the information presented is on seismic (which, at least to me, wind is fairly straightforward so this makes sense). If you have any other questions, please feel free to message me. Good luck!

Good luck everyone! I wish I was as confident as you FutureSE. Please stick around if you pass!
I need suggestions for a new name. I was thinking something along the lines of Prince's name change. IE "TheSEformerlyknownasFutureSE"

Of course, I'm going to feel like I went full retard if I fail, but I will definitely be around. I'm working on my publication by the way. I am about 30 questions in to writing what I plan to be a 100 question gravity review book. I'll do the same for lateral when I get there. @David Connor, SE is right though. This takes a significant time investment.

BTW David, I actually live near Lawrenceville, GA. If you want to collaborate on a publication outside of bridges, I'm very interested and you're welcome to message me. If not, that's fine too. I'll keep grinding along on my own as the sad music from the old "The Incredible Hulk" TV series plays in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they will send the results to the boards by the end of today and release them to the examinees tomorrow. The PE results came out on a Tuesday too.

I strongly feel that the results will be released either today or tomorrow.😎
History tells us it will either be this Friday (6/14) or next Monday (6/17).  On one hand, I don't want it to ruin my weekend. But on the other, if results are out Friday then that'll give me one extra weekend to study for October 😭

History tells us it will either be this Friday (6/14) or next Monday (6/17).  On one hand, I don't want it to ruin my weekend. But on the other, if results are out Friday then that'll give me one extra weekend to study for October 😭
I've seen it all over the place. Past performance doesn't always guarantee future results. I'm just ready to have the wait over!

What is a reasonable amount of time to wait between checking both this board and the NCEES website? Typically it's around 30 minutes for me. 

Also now that the HQ is in SC, the office should run on the eastern time zone! I hope the move doesn't cause any further delays.

Thank You "Future SE"..soon to be "Past SE". Good Luck.

I will seriously consider the EET if I don't make it this round. I am familiar with the seismic detailing but I am not practicing buildings lately (last few years). Will hopefully help me to stay focused. I passed PE CA Seismic without studying 10 years ago (when I was designing the same stuff at work every day). 

Keeping my fingers crossed. I put in a lot of effort but much has been towards the end (last 2 months before the exam). I took the lateral twice and every time, I remember walking out of the exam saying "If I had 30 minutes more, I would have aced it". That is the reason for my issue with the SE Exam structure. The afternoon portion was my issue. I have no problems getting 30/40 on the am.

Thank You "Future SE"..soon to be "Past SE". Good Luck.

I will seriously consider the EET if I don't make it this round. I am familiar with the seismic detailing but I am not practicing buildings lately (last few years). Will hopefully help me to stay focused. I passed PE CA Seismic without studying 10 years ago (when I was designing the same stuff at work every day). 

Keeping my fingers crossed. I put in a lot of effort but much has been towards the end (last 2 months before the exam). I took the lateral twice and every time, I remember walking out of the exam saying "If I had 30 minutes more, I would have aced it". That is the reason for my issue with the SE Exam structure. The afternoon portion was my issue. I have no problems getting 30/40 on the am.
I hear you and I am certainly in agreement there is too much material on the exam for the time given. It's why I say the exam is not a "minimum competency" exam. With ample time, a suitably intelligent/competent engineer could find the code provisions, perform the calculations, and then leave with a reasonable expectation of passing. The current exam structure is formatted in such a way as to push the time frame to it's absolute limit. In other words, if you come across a problem that you don't immediately know the answer to or know almost exactly where the code provisions are, you'll likely run out of time. Happened to me twice as well. I still think not passing time before last was a fluke, but who knows. Maybe I suffer from the Dunning Kruger effect. I've never had ample time to check my answers in the afternoon for simple mistakes, though I was generally able to do so in the morning.

Worst case scenario if you take EET though, they'll provide you with a lot of additional study material and a schedule spanning about 4 months of study.

Man. Just read everyone's posts today and can already tell this week is going to be brutal - now my hopes are up that it'll come out today (or if not today, then tomorrow, rinse & repeat) even though logically I know our chances aren't very high until Friday at the earliest. AHHHHHHH!!!

Back