April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who wants to hear me make another pun?
giphy.gif

I have to figure out how to take apart an ikea bed.  And transport it.  But I don't want to hire movers if I can take it piece meal back to my parents.  Hmmmmmm.
Oh noooo once I successfully put anything together from Ikea, I never want to touch it ever again.  I get that you need to take it apart for moving though. Booo.

Hahahahahaahahahaha, taking it apart is just putting it together in reverse!  I'm lucky because the bed is made of heavier duty stuff/don't have any of the push-to-connect wooden dowels, so it should be fairly straightforward once I start doing it.  I need to start slowly bringing things over to my parents this week, so it's not the weekend before I need to get out and I have shit everywhere.  I'm thinking a big donation to Big Brother/Big Sisters is in my future for the shit-load of paperback books I have that I was going to "sell".

Should not be too bad. I had to do it when we moved couple times. But it helps to have saved the assembly instructions. Just save all the screws etc. nicely as they tend to misplace easily during transit.

Oh yeah.  I've already moved the couch before/disassembly is doable, but I'm still hoping my landlord buys it off me so I don't have to deal with it.  Was hoping for the same with the bed, but, eh, I guess her daughter likes her old bed (which I totally understand).  Every time I move I never realize how much space I have in my car until I start putting stuff in the back seat.  My first car was a Solara (aka; the car with the most difficult backseat to get into), so I am still amazed by there being easily accessible space in my car/I still only throw shit in the front seat area or the trunk.

Oh noooo once I successfully put anything together from Ikea, I never want to touch it ever again.  I get that you need to take it apart for moving though. Booo.
LadySquare has me assemble everything from Ikea, but I think she just tricks me into doing it. We'll start a project "together" and then 20 minutes later I'm like..."why am I doing this myself and why are you hanging out with the cats?" Shenanigans!

Only kidding, we've been broke for so long 80% of our stuff is Ikea so it's all very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back