April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see a little bit of spam action this morning. But come on everyone, we can all collectively do better.

What brand did you end up getting?
I got a pair of Nike epic react 2.  I wanted something that had good side support but would have a big enough base when I do my lifting.  I've never gotten "real" sneakers before, always sticking to cheap-o new balance, so I don't know how I feel about paying real money for real sneakers?  But I like that they have neon on the heel.  Who knows, maybe I'll run more with these?

@JayKay0914 Holy smackaronies! Are you a surgeon???

Edit: Ooh! ToP! :bananalama:
HAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAGSYHQANNUIWCAS.  JK as a surgeon tickles me pink!  Nah, I just needed sneakers and I went to footlocker and pretty much told the girl, "I need sneakers.  For running and lifting."  I'm sure she grabbed the most expensive/newest ones, but I only buy sneakers once every midlife crisis, so it's a pretty much one-time purchase.

HAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAGSYHQANNUIWCAS.  JK as a surgeon tickles me pink!  Nah, I just needed sneakers and I went to footlocker and pretty much told the girl, "I need sneakers.  For running and lifting."  I'm sure she grabbed the most expensive/newest ones, but I only buy sneakers once every midlife crisis, so it's a pretty much one-time purchase.
Not a bad call, as an 80s kid, I dig anything neon/loud.

Not a bad call, as an 80s kid, I dig anything neon/loud.
I wish they had more neon, but it's almost tasteful?  Again, not sure how I feel about all this 'high performance' footwear.  I just want to be able to squat 200+ and not worry about my sneaker slipping.

I’m older than 25. I don’t run. I wear office type shoes, and steel toes. I guess I need to try running in steel toes in the event of an explosion.

Ah, who am I kidding, in the event of an explosion those heavy arsed f%^%%## won’t be on my feet. I’m running barefoot outta there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a cheapskate, so I get shoes at either Nordstrom Rack or Marshall's. It takes longer to find something that's in my size and comfortable. But hey, savings!

But sometimes time is money. So it's definitely easier to just have someone pick for you. I think if it's comfortable and does it's job, then it's money well spent.

Also relevant (Source: XKCD):

shoes.png

I’m older than 25. I don’t run. I wear office type shoes, and steel toes. I guess I need to try running in steel toes in the event of an explosion.

Ah, who am I kidding, in the event of an explosion those heavy arsed f%^%%## won’t be on my feet. I’m running barefoot outta there.
I have a sweat pair of steel-toed cowboy boots.  Best investment ever.  No lacing and they're waterproof.  Plus they've got some sweet tooling.

@preeb All shoes with the weird toe-things scare me.  I almost ended a friendship when a friend wore them once to a casual gathering.  Just.  No. Toe socks = cute.  Toe shoes = molestor of some type of animal.

I have a sweat pair of steel-toed cowboy boots.  Best investment ever.  No lacing and they're waterproof.  Plus they've got some sweet tooling.

@preeb All shoes with the weird toe-things scare me.  I almost ended a friendship when a friend wore them once to a casual gathering.  Just.  No. Toe socks = cute.  Toe shoes = molestor of some type of animal.
I'm quoting you on this! Not on EB, but IRL.

I imagine @SNAPE/SMOTT PE running in steel toes and just drop kicking though doors to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back