April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a /m issue, I do believe. I worked with a client engineer who had this issue. Mom and dad still came in and stocked the fridge, cleaned the house.

My response: My kids get on the bus at 6:30 am.
Very funny. For the record I have my own space and pay for all my own stuff.

I’m just lucky my parents have that basement and they have good food.

/s

Last edited by a moderator:
Very funny. For the record I have my own space and pay for all my own stuff.

I’m just lucky my parents have that basement and they have good food.

/s
*sobs quietly because JK is moving home with parents*

Actually, I think I'm going to start waking up way earlier at my parents not because they do (they're both retired and sleep until fricking' 9am), but because the longer commute means I need to leave early or I'll be in NY hell.  Also, I am def the one who will be buying good food for my parents.  My parents have slowly fallen into the 'box food' category and I'm like "Fruits!  vegetables!  Things that will go bad if you don't eat them!  These are good for you!"

*sobs quietly because JK is moving home with parents*

Actually, I think I'm going to start waking up way earlier at my parents not because they do (they're both retired and sleep until fricking' 9am), but because the longer commute means I need to leave early or I'll be in NY hell.  Also, I am def the one who will be buying good food for my parents.  My parents have slowly fallen into the 'box food' category and I'm like "Fruits!  vegetables!  Things that will go bad if you don't eat them!  These are good for you!"
Good on you for taking care of your parents; seems like the opposite of the stereotypical millennial.

For the actual record I don’t live with my parents any more. Believe it or not my parents moved abroad and left me in the states when I was 17.

D1FA7AA7-B8A1-4C76-B4FF-75EB583D007B.jpeg

Good on you for taking care of your parents; seems like the opposite of the stereotypical millennial.

For the actual record I don’t live with my parents any more. Believe it or not my parents moved abroad and left me in the states when I was 17.

*pic snip*
Yeah.   It helps that my dad is a baby boomer who understands that prices have gone up astronomically and that living on Long Island isn't really sustainable if you're single with student loan debt.  Plus, I was raised in a huge Polish/Irish family where it's expected to help your family out.  If me moving home means I can save a little for a condo/pay down debt, I'll take it.  Plus it'll give me an excuse to help push my mom out her comfort zone/help her meet new people/maybe help her start working out a little bit more (she doesn't like doing things by herself and my dad, married to her for 40-years, doesn't like doing things in general).

As for your parents moving abroad...did they tell you?  Or did you just come back from the super market one day with milk and find everything gone?

As for your parents moving abroad...did they tell you?  Or did you just come back from the super market one day with milk and find everything gone?
Of course they told me. I had just graduated high school and wanted to finish my associates, so they gave me the choice. My grandparents supported me that year.

After that, they moved back to the states, and I stayed with them over the summers so I could work my internships through college. When I graduated, I got my own place and basically became completely independent.

It is fun to joke about how kicked my family out instead of the typical other way around. :p

I’m an orphan, so...
giphy.gif

yeah. it's usually about 1:15 door to door in the morning (because I take transit) and about 1:30 in the evening, but can easily be 2+ if I don't time it just right.
I shall not complain about my 8-10 minute bi-state commute anymore.  :) Although today was awful - I got to the on-ramp, it was backed up, I turned around and went home to wait it out an hour.  The typical routes across the river are down to 1 in town (maybe 2, but difficult to get to), and allllll the people were taking it.Then the off ramp side was down to one lane because it was filled with water.  As were the two intersections into the parking lot at work.  

Should have stayed home. Going home is going to be a nightmare - it is already f'd up due to the new bridge they are building.  But bonus - slow traffic on bridge means good view of bridge construction.

Well, technically since I’m an adult I’m not an orphan. But....I’m an orphan!
Wait, what?  I thought once an orphan, always an orphan, since necromancy is frowned upon?  I didn't realize you could...stop?  I'm actually really interested in this (text makes me sound like a dick, so I apologize if this makes me seem insensitive). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back