April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky...I work 4-10 plus 1-8 most weeks, and possibly more depending on the project.
sometimes I do some work on fridays but it's from home so I don't stress about it. I commute from Tac to Sea so i was like WILL NOT DO 5 DAYS A WEEK FOREVER SORRY BYE

sometimes I do some work on fridays but it's from home so I don't stress about it. I commute from Tac to Sea so i was like WILL NOT DO 5 DAYS A WEEK FOREVER SORRY BYE
You have my full understanding. When I lived and worked there, there was an accident one morning on the 520 bridge that forced me to I-5, I-90, and I-405 to get to work. That was a 2.5 hour drive.

yeah. it's usually about 1:15 door to door in the morning (because I take transit) and about 1:30 in the evening, but can easily be 2+ if I don't time it just right.

lol@ before 8 being early :p  

although I don't have much room to talk since I work all my hours condensed and have thurfridays. 
Jeaaaalous.  I usually work a straight 5/40, but I do get OT (which I've never had before) so that is a little perk.  Buttttttt.  I'm also at that point in my career where I do want time outside the office, so I tend to scoot when I hit that hard 40.

Totally. I get OT at 1.5x as well, which encourages the company to not overschedule us, so I don't end up having many heavy weeks unless I've got stacked deadlines. But at least if that happens the paychecks to follow end up being a nice reward lol

I don’t understand how you east-coasters are always able to make it to work by 5am. I can barely make it before 9!
Says the guy awake and posting on EB at 6AM local.

@RBHeadge PEEAST COAST BEAST COAST.  Aka; we don't understand this whole 'sleep' and 'work/life balance' because it's extremely cut-throat.  I've said, more than once, sadly, that I was leaving the office early at around 5:45pm after getting there before 8am.  Ha ha ha ha haa ha ha ha ahjbvdsknc *collapses into sobs*
Yeah pretty much. I basically do a 7-3 schedule to "beat traffic". Or in this case, get a seat all to myself on the Metro. If I leave 30 min later, or work a 9hr day (Wednesdays), then I'm guaranteed to stand the whole commute.

I was thinking the same thing. Most people aren't so crafty when intoxicated.

Also, I redoing my guest bath next week, and have lots of extra rum, so if you happen to be in the area...
My uncle and I are very crafty!  He is very tall, so he can get things off the top shelf, and I am the girl that gets help at Home Depot when we are trashed!  Like having them help us find the perfect masonry bit for anchoring a new structure!  AND I FUCKING LOVE GROUTING/TILE PLACING.  YES.  I wasn't allowed to play with the tile cutter, but maybe when we re-do the downstairs bathroom!

Also...on cup number 4.

I’d personally be scared to find out how much drunk me and sober me differ in tile preferences
1) Tiles were chosen months ago

2) Mostly by my wife - and I'm okay with that because

2a) I'm not an architect for good reason.

3) If it were solely charged with picking out tile, I'd probably do a better job drunk than sober.

I don’t understand how you east-coasters are always able to make it to work by 5am. I can barely make it before 9!
That’s a /m issue, I do believe. I worked with a client engineer who had this issue. Mom and dad still came in and stocked the fridge, cleaned the house.

My response: My kids get on the bus at 6:30 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back