April 2008 PE Results, Florida

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who you who may be wondering - I contacted the florida board today and they claim they STILL HAVE NOT received results from ELSES. I then contacted ELSES and they claimed to have sent the result to the florida board when we received our results (almost 3 weeks ago).
Obviously, there is/was a problem here. I then informed ELSES that the Board claimes not to have recevied the results and they said that was a problem and that they would contact the Board to see what the situation is.

Hopefully this will get resolved soon and P.E. License numbers can soon be issued to passing members.

I was also told, by the Board, that it would take 8-12 weeks AFTER received results before certificates and pocket cards will be issued in the mail.

So, if you passed the test in April, sometime before you retire you should officially be a licensed professional engineer in florida - but then again, maybe not.
Yes,

Thanks for the update. I'm waiting for my License number -myself.

For those who you who may be wondering - I contacted the florida board today and they claim they STILL HAVE NOT received results from ELSES. I then contacted ELSES and they claimed to have sent the result to the florida board when we received our results (almost 3 weeks ago).
Obviously, there is/was a problem here. I then informed ELSES that the Board claimes not to have recevied the results and they said that was a problem and that they would contact the Board to see what the situation is.

Hopefully this will get resolved soon and P.E. License numbers can soon be issued to passing members.

I was also told, by the Board, that it would take 8-12 weeks AFTER received results before certificates and pocket cards will be issued in the mail.

So, if you passed the test in April, sometime before you retire you should officially be a licensed professional engineer in florida - but then again, maybe not.
Thanks for the info, but just a thought... shouldn't the board have realized that the results have been posted, due to the fact that people are signing up to retest, and then being the responsible people they expect us to be, make a phone call to the company whom they pay to administer the test realizing that it is potentially creating problems for those of us waiting to get their license numbers? That being said, I'm still confident that we will receive our license numbers within 8-10 weeks of when we were notified. I doubt that ELSES pulled the letter they sent us out of thin air, and would think that they must have had contact with the board to get that letter. Also, if they didn't receive them why did the FBPE page change as to no longer discuss receiving results. Typically I'd say who runs this Micky Mouse operation... but we are in Florida... so I mean it's likely that it is actually Mickey Mouse.

We'll probably get a certificate right around the time the people who take it in October do! Good news is if they wait longer than November we get a exempt from Continuing Ed for another 2 years!

Thanks for the info, but just a thought... shouldn't the board have realized that the results have been posted, due to the fact that people are signing up to retest, and then being the responsible people they expect us to be, make a phone call to the company whom they pay to administer the test realizing that it is potentially creating problems for those of us waiting to get their license numbers? That being said, I'm still confident that we will receive our license numbers within 8-10 weeks of when we were notified. I doubt that ELSES pulled the letter they sent us out of thin air, and would think that they must have had contact with the board to get that letter. Also, if they didn't receive them why did the FBPE page change as to no longer discuss receiving results. Typically I'd say who runs this Micky Mouse operation... but we are in Florida... so I mean it's likely that it is actually Mickey Mouse.
We'll probably get a certificate right around the time the people who take it in October do! Good news is if they wait longer than November we get a exempt from Continuing Ed for another 2 years!
Has anyone heard more about this or talked to the board recently? It seems people at work got their license numbers about a month or so after ELSES results unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

Thanks.

Has anyone heard more about this or talked to the board recently? It seems people at work got their license numbers about a month or so after ELSES results unless I'm remembering incorrectly.Thanks.
I emailed Brian Lynch of FBPE two weeks ago, and he told me they just received the grades and should have errors checked in two weeks, and numbers would probably be assigned within four weeks. Today is the last day of the "two weeks" he promised, but no exam results have been post online, at least mine was still waiting for score. I don't understand what errors in the exam results would take them so much time to correct, while some other states have already issued numbers. :) So sit tight, and it will come. It's Florida...

FBPE is not qualified to evaluate errors by NCEES -- If you recieved a pass score, you'll get a license.

I'd rather wait 6 months for my # than have to take the exam again.

Brian told me it takes 6 weeks, and the NCEES letter states 8-10 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
FBPE is not qualified to evaluate errors by NCEES -- If you recieved a pass score, you'll get a license.
I'd rather wait 6 months for my # than have to take the exam again.

Brian told me it takes 6 weeks, and the NCEES letter states 8-10 weeks.

We are at 6 weeks already are we not?

I emailed Brian Lynch of FBPE two weeks ago, and he told me they just received the grades and should have errors checked in two weeks, and numbers would probably be assigned within four weeks. Today is the last day of the "two weeks" he promised, but no exam results have been post online, at least mine was still waiting for score. I don't understand what errors in the exam results would take them so much time to correct, while some other states have already issued numbers. :) So sit tight, and it will come. It's Florida...
Do we (in Florida) get actual grades?

Thanks.

RC

I am legitimized!

:17:

Florida is starting to issue license numbers. I checked online this morning and I have a number (it got posted today). I assume the certificate will be in the mail shortly.

Congratulations to all!

I am legitimized!
:17:

Florida is starting to issue license numbers. I checked online this morning and I have a number (it got posted today). I assume the certificate will be in the mail shortly.

Congratulations to all!
I got my license number today in Florida on the website, also.

Anybody in Florida who passed the April '08 PE still waiting on their license number or am I the only one left?

To get the certificate it would take may be 3 more weeks. You can check your PE number online.

I have been checking online th entire time...still nothing. I know they say it takes 8-10 weeks in the letter we had e-mailed to us along with our pass results, but everyone I know in Florida that passed in April '08 has gotten there number by now (posted online). Anyone else still waiting...Tido...anyone?

I have been checking online th entire time...still nothing. I know they say it takes 8-10 weeks in the letter we had e-mailed to us along with our pass results, but everyone I know in Florida that passed in April '08 has gotten there number by now (posted online). Anyone else still waiting...Tido...anyone?
Yes you can check online for your number. Here is a link...just search using your last name

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp?m...p;brd=&typ=

I have been checking online and my PE number still wasn't posted this morning. I e-mailed the Florida board and they e-mailed me back saying they were "...sorry for the delay..." and had my license number posted within 30 minutes of me e-mailing them.

If any April '08 PE passers do not have their PE number appearing online, I would contact the board because there is a good chance that you fell through the cracks like I did.

Back