Anyone other Envls here?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the EERM right now. No others, but have been searching e-bay for references.
I have been told that the Handbook of Environmental Engineering Calculations by Lee & Lin is really good for the exam. I think it covers practically all of the specifications on the exam.

Good luck.

JR

I have the EERM right now. No others, but have been searching e-bay for references.
Any old college books lying around? I'd say 80% of my studying was out of textbooks I had. The rest being the ENVRM and some things on federal legislation I downloaded off the net.

When you get to the stuff on envl law, OSHA, stuff like that, the online Federal Register will be your best friend.

I used 2 books that could get you through any of the water/wastewater stuff.

1. Unit Operations and Processes in Environmental Engineering by Reynolds and Richards, for process work and physical considerations

2. Environmental Biotechnology by Rittman and McCarty for the bio-chemical aspects of it - activated sludge, reaction rates, kinetics, nit/denit, etc. It's a real technical book but kicked ass as far as exam prep went.

For hydraology and open channel, get Hydrology and Hydraulic Systems by Gupta. Jreg and I get off to this book regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used 2 books that could get you through any of the water/wastewater stuff.
1. Unit Operations and Processes in Environmental Engineering by Reynolds and Richards, for process work and physical considerations

2. Environmental Biotechnology by Rittman and McCarty for the bio-chemical aspects of it - activated sludge, reaction rates, kinetics, nit/denit, etc. It's a real technical book but kicked ass as far as exam prep went.

For hydraology and open channel, get Hydrology and Hydraulic Systems by Gupta. Jreg and I get off to this book regularly.
Thanks for the Ref VTEnviro. Another Envls here 2. See your not alone! Thanks for the all the help so far.

Had someone tell me about this site. Thought I check it out, glad I heard about it. This site is cool...will be even cooler if (err....'when') I pass.

Enginnneeer --

Good luck - when are you taking the exam? Are you taking the full-blown environmental or civil with environmental depth?

JR

Welcome Enginnneeer! It's good to have another environmental around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enginnneeer --

Good luck - when are you taking the exam? Are you taking the full-blown environmental or civil with environmental depth?

JR
Thanks - In OCT, Haven't decided on the PM, will decide after studying, probably at the test site though. The current lean is....the general PM....

Glad to see there are so many other Env engineers on this forum. I am also one with BS in Civil and MS in Env Engineering.

I am happy to say that I passed the ENV PE exam on my first try as well. Just wondering though, how many ENV PEs (not CE with ENV depth) are there on this board?

Well, as far as registered users who are willing to admit they are "pure" Env. Engs., this thread pretty much lists them all:

VTEnviro

Dleg (me)

JRO

Jax6S

Mahendra

MSUengineer

jregieng is clearly an environmental engineer, but he didn't take the Env. exam (Civil! Boo!) so maybe he is irrelevant. :laugh: But he's here all the time and knows the material. Most of those folks listed above don't seem to be around anymore. So it's pretty much just three of us or so.

I hope you guys stick around!

Well, I guess its not as lonely here as I thought. When I took my PE exam in April in Northern VA, there were probably 5-7 people around me that had ENVRM on their desks at the beginning of the exam. Assuming that the examinees are grouped together in the hall, that's a really low number as there were probably over 200 people in the hall. I guess ENV PE is relatively young and therefore not many people take it. The other factor may be that its a 100 question exam as opposed to CE with Enviro depth which is still 80 questions and they definitely don't go to such depths as ENV.

I just took the ENV PE exam for the first time in April 2007 and just found out that I passed!

I've got a B.S. in Chemical Engineering and an M.S. in Civil & Environmental Engineering.

I wish I'd known about this board before the exam, but I did read Dleg's helpful advice post on the "the other board" forum.

Well, as far as registered users who are willing to admit they are "pure" Env. Engs., this thread pretty much lists them all:
VTEnviro

Dleg (me)

JRO

Jax6S

Mahendra

MSUengineer

jregieng is clearly an environmental engineer, but he didn't take the Env. exam (Civil! Boo!) so maybe he is irrelevant. :laugh: But he's here all the time and knows the material. Most of those folks listed above don't seem to be around anymore. So it's pretty much just three of us or so.

I hope you guys stick around!

Back