Anyone other Envls here?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, as far as registered users who are willing to admit they are "pure" Env. Engs., this thread pretty much lists them all:
VTEnviro

Dleg (me)

JRO

Jax6S

Mahendra

MSUengineer

jregieng is clearly an environmental engineer, but he didn't take the Env. exam (Civil! Boo!) so maybe he is irrelevant. :laugh: But he's here all the time and knows the material. Most of those folks listed above don't seem to be around anymore. So it's pretty much just three of us or so.

I hope you guys stick around!
I'm still here.......planning on Oct for exam

Excellent! Glad to have you folks around.

Robby, you know that I now take full responsibility for your passing the April exam. :D

(just kidding - but you should *seriously* add in your advice to the "advice" thread. I think reading that type of information from several other recent examinees would have helped me alot)

Last edited by a moderator:
jregieng is clearly an environmental engineer, but he didn't take the Env. exam (Civil! Boo!) so maybe he is irrelevant. :laugh: But he's here all the time and knows the material.
Oh yeah ?? Throw me a question, I can handle it !!
kar.gif

I have personally helped two of my colleagues at work prepare for and pass the straight-up Env exam, so I am at least vaguely familiar with the preparation process :) However, as Dleg correct pointed out, I am not part of your exclusive Env-only exam taker club :sniff:

JR

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings....

:violin:

Don't worry, be happy - you've got the more versatile PE anyway. I may work toward a Civil PE myself one of these days. I might even start this fall by taking the CA seismic and survey exams - those are required out here and in Guam for licensire as a Civil Eng.

I think we can make an exception for JR. He does have a colorful sense of humor! :laugh:

^^^ :woot: :multiplespotting:

Thanks for the invite :D

If you think I am colorful, wait until you meet fudgie - I don't have anything on him. :true:

JR

Just thought I'd give this thread a bump and see how many 'new' enviros we have...count me in! Took the 100-questioner in April and Oct. of this year. :waitwall:

My name is Fred, and I'm an Environmental Engineer.

I have been working in environmental compliance for almost 10 years. :eek:ld-025: . Yeah, that's me.

I've worked in wastewater, hazardous waste, and air quality for the steel and chemical industries mostly. Right now I'm working for a chemical company in Pittsburgh.

I took the 100-question straight-up Environmental PE in October and now that I know the results are out, I am just waiting and waiting and waiting. :mail-296:

Can we please get this over with. Please?

Welcome Fred! I've been working as a State environmental regulator for about 9.5 years, mostly stormwater, water quality, wastewater, and solid waste. Civil A&E and petroleum engineering for another 7.5 years before that. Just took my PE exam last October. Good luck! You'll be finding out soon!

Hiya Fred !! Nice to meet another environmental engineer!

Like Dleg, I am an environmental regulator as well. Mostly RCRA permitting for operating TSDs, haz waste transfer facilities, and environmental remediation under RCRA/HSWA.

I do a lot of other side stuff on the technical side but that sums it up.

Good luck for hearing back soon AND receiving positive results!

JR

Welcome, Fred! I work for a geotechnical/environmental engineering firm in CO. I do a little of everything in the office, but mostly focus on the environmental side (mostly Phase I's and II's, UST pulls, asbestos, stormwater and mold). There are more of us here than you think! :waitwall:

Hey all--thanks for the warm welcome. It is so rare that I get a chance to talk to people who do what I do.

Hi All...

I am a mixed discipline engineer...specifically my background (BS) is civil, my last company specialized in remediation (was there 5 years), my present company specializes in water resources/wastewater treatment (2 years and counting), I am purusing a master's degree in Environmental (1 year to go), and I am my company's GIS "expert" (thanks to a co-op with NASA Langley's GIS team while I earned my BS).

I studied for 5 months because I was worried about taking the environmental exam with a BSCE. I just found out that I passed the October '07 Environmental PE exam - that was my first attempt!! Nice to meet everyone and good luck on your results.

:multiplespotting:

:reading:

Add one more Environmental Engineer. BS in Enviro, 14 years of experience.

Studying started today for October 2008!!

Had all my books purchased, notes scribbled and applications accepted for the 2007 April exam. Alas, life interrupted at the last moment and I had to take a pass.

Welcome! I saw your note in the other thread that you have found the EnvRM to be "full of holes." Yeah, it pretty much is. But most of the holes are in the area of your own expertise, so maybe it will work out well for you?

Good luck!

Thanks. I appreciate the welcome. I've already identified my references for the gaps in the EERM coverage. And yes, I feel pretty confident given my day-to-day exposure.

Still burns me that they'd put out a supposedly comprehensive reference like that and not bother to fill in the missing material. I'm sure that discussion has been beaten to death elsewhere.

Welcome! I will be on trial #3 in October for the 100-question exam. Good luck!

Back