Amusement Park Season Pass

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csb

Reaction score
We're considering purchasing season passes for an amusement park.

The engineer in me likes it, because it "pays" for itself in two visits. They have a water park and an amusement park. They also stay open until Halloween, the pass includes free parking, and there are buddy passes.

The human side of me feels like if I shell out the money for the season passes, I'll make the effort to take time off work and go do fun things with my kid. Well, I suppose that's the cheap part of me talking.

Has anyone else ever bought a season pass like this? Was it worth it?

i did years ago because by the second use it was cheaper than buying twice and I knew i was going more than once that year.

other than our trip to disney this spring, haven't been to 6 flags or other amusement park in ages

I had season passes years ago at cedar point, well worth it. Mr and the mrs. went there once, rode the 4 coasters we wanted and left. Great day for us!

We were debating doing it for the family. One concern is that mini-Dex #2 isn't tall enough to ride the cool rides (she loves roller coasters). We're hoping next season she will be tall enough. Our other concern is that my FIL handles most of the babysitting duties during the summer and he is legally blind. He refuses to drive anywhere which means that the kids have to find things to do within walking distance of the house.

I did. When we moved to Florida in 2004 had three hurricanes going through the state in less than two months. Disney gave all the employees of the company I was working for free 2 - 3 day tickets (the ones you can go from park to park all the times you want in three days) with the perk of only paying a discounted amount to make it an annual pass. They gave us two per employee and I bought three more and made all of them annual passes. It was a good idea.

Right now my not kids anymore have annual passed for Universal and Island of Adventure. They make good use of them.

Bottom line is that if you do not have to drive too far to go to the parks, it is a good idea to have annual passes.

We have annual passes for the local amusement park and it's definitely worth the money. I will say that we only live about 8 minutes away from it though, so it's very easy to run over for a couple of hours right when it opens and leave before it gets too hot/crowded, so that helps. Mini-ble1 loves it and will ride anything that he is tall enough for, and this year he's tall enough for all of the mid-sized roller coasters, so he's pumped!

We have annual passes for both the zoo and the science center. More than get our money's worth plus it is tax deductible.

The GF and junior used to get them for the same park Ble goes to. They loved it. Parking was included, paid for itself after two trips, and they would go maybe once a week to the park itself, and then a few days a week to the water park.

It was always empty on weekdays, no waiting in lines, etc. They are NOT doing it this year though, because junior is just under the height she needs to be for the big coasters, and is bored with the smaller ones. The GF is also working full time now which cuts into availability.

We used to get Whitewater season pass in Atlanta when we lived there. During the week it was safe to visit however it was A different crowd on the weekends.

And by different crowd I mean skiuzz bucket white trash with tattoos of fully naked women on their backs

When we lived in Southern California we did season passes to Sea World, Disney Land and the San Diego Zoo. (Several of the military families did this.) We lived about an hour from each, so we made a point to hit a major attraction at least once a month. Plus I was gone so much those years, it made it easy for my wife to take the kids out for a fun Sunday afternoon while Dad was away.

And by different crowd I mean skiuzz bucket white trash with tattoos of fully naked women on their backs

Our favorite place to spring break includes such tattoos. There was a fat dude with a Pokemon on his boob one year.

Thanks, everyone! I think I'm going to go for it.

Our favorite place to spring break includes such tattoos. There was a fat dude with a Pokemon on his boob one year.

Thanks, everyone! I think I'm going to go for it.

Well kids, a 151st pokemon has been discovered - boobasur.

I ignored all posts above mine. That said, I got a season pass to Busch Gardens and the associated water park last year and it was worth it. Mostly because people came and they got discounts because of my pass and I didn't have to pay to go with them. And yes, it paid for itself in like two trips so between that and the plastic drink cup I bought, I saved a ton of money.

Here is one of many similar posts on trip advisor... I can corroborate the post:

Place is disgusting. Tampons floating the lazy river. Feces on the bathroom floors. Makes you feel like the park is a giant toilet bowel and you get to play in it. Was there September 1st. The food is so overpriced and taste horrible. I can't believe what we paid for this nasty pizza and flat drinks. The customer service is a joke. THEY DON'T CARE. Their solution is to try to sell you another product but at a slightly reduced price for your inconvenience. Place needs a makeover with many improvements. Also needs an overhaul with customer service. Don't waste your money here......

i got a season pass to the missouri botanical gardens for christmas. it includes free addmission to the gardens, the butterfly house, something else in STL that i don't remember the name, and free or discounted admission to other gardens across the country.

Latest posts

Back