Aging

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 hours ago, matt267 PE said: Thanks. I have two girls. NO WAY IN HELL am I going to roll the dice and try for again for a boy. It's not worth the risk.
I think the statistics show that if you have two girls, your 3rd is ever so slightly likely to be a boy.  I think it is like 51% or something like that. 
Also, I don't know fore sure if it really, truly works or not but supposedly there are techniques you can do to skew the odds in your favor to obtain the gender you want.  We did it and here's how it went for us.  1st born:  We did every trick in the book (I won't get too graphical here) to get a boy and we did.  2nd born:  Didn't try any "tricks" and got a boy.  3rd born:  Did absolutely everything in the book to get a girl and we did.  So, form your own opinion.  [emoji4] 
Nope. I don't like those odds. Give me 100% then I'll be interested. But it's too late now. The oven has been turned off.

^ Do you let your wife make all your decisions for you?

No comments on dealing with aging. I'm closer to 40 than 30, and have no gray hair, and its natural (don't color, not even highlights). Don't look my age, but waiting for that to catch up with me.

All the hairs are in place.  Probably a little receding, but not much. My dads side were all balding by their late 20's.  My moms side took a full head of hair to the grave.  Looks like I got her side.

I think the baldness jean comes from your mother's father. So you're good.

If that's the case, I'm f*cked.  My father on the other hand is in his late 60's and has a salt and pepper mop for hair.  I don't think he's lost a strand.

i call bs on this one...mr snick's mom's dad had full head of hair his entire life and he didn't even start graying until he hit his late 70s.  Mr snicks taking after his dad, gray and balding on top, although thankfully he refuses to comb over like his dad.

i call bs on this one...mr snick's mom's dad had full head of hair his entire life and he didn't even start graying until he hit his late 70s.  Mr snicks taking after his dad, gray and balding on top, although thankfully he refuses to comb over like his dad.
Hey, I didn't make it up.

My mother's father was mostly bald. So far though, I have a thick head of white hair. So I'm hoping there's more to it.

minisnick doesn't stand a chance when he is older....he has early baldness on both side of the family.  

I'm not bald but very thin, gray, and heading to white.  My neighbor is a hair dresser by occupation and since my long-time barber died about 5 years ago, my neighbor cuts my hair (no charge as I help him with computer issues).  He talked me into applying some color.  I just wanted to go from white back to salt/pepper look.  Well it wasn't pretty as the color he put in went to a blond/ginger sort of color.  since then I've backed off on the coloring and just cut it short.

Back