AASHTO: Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jambruins

Reaction score
Do I need to have this book for the transportation pm section? There are a few tables I think I will need but I don't want to have to buy the whole book if I don't need to. If I don't need the whole book what tables/sections should I try and get? Thanks.

this is the one book you're definitely going to need...just in the studying i've done i go to that book for a huge portion of the problems. if you cant afford to buy it you should try to find somebody to borrow it from.

this is the one book you're definitely going to need...just in the studying i've done i go to that book for a huge portion of the problems. if you cant afford to buy it you should try to find somebody to borrow it from.
agreed!

I second borrowing the book. I felt more comfortable at least just having it for the exam, and I took structural. Borrowed it from an engineer at another firm through a friend. All the guy asked for in return was a 6pack of Old Milwaukee. Best $3 I have ever spent. Keep in mind that you do not have to buy all the books, especially if you are not planning on using them again. Make sure you are networking professionally and then let some of your connections know that you need a favor. I know the engineering community around here is great and folks will typically try to help you out where they can. They typically understand your position as they had to do the same thing at one point or another.

I can borrow a copy of the 1984 version. Will this be good enough for the exam or should I really get the 2004 version? Thanks.

I can borrow a copy of the 1984 version. Will this be good enough for the exam or should I really get the 2004 version? Thanks.
you will definitely want the 2004 version. I wouldn't even recommend using the 2001 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back