500 years forward or 500 years back?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I want to go to...

• 2510-take me to the future!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1510-take me to the past!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You'd also be gettin' you some of dem real to life ye olde kiddos... unless of course you invent the ye olde goatskin prophylactic.
Ye olde paternity tests didn't exist. ;)

And Maury wasn't around to chime in with his, "You ARE the father."

I chose the past. Assuming I could take my present knowledge with me, and the fact that I would be one of the wealthiest people in the world, I would invent some stuff, like pipes, generators, light bulbs, basic sanitation and drinking water facilities, and use those things/the money that I earn from those endeavours to improve the quality of life of people in the world. I think I'd choose to be placed in the US, and I'd use $10,000 to buy an army to defend me from the Indians, or Native Americans.

$10,000 would likely have to be used to defend yourself from being burned as a witch/heretic on account of your inventions.
I don't think firearms had been invented yet so maybe that would be my first invention. Then I could defend myself no problem. Then, after I created something that would ultimately be responsible for the death of millions of people, I'd create the Chucktown Peace Prize.

future probably for me...its just that with history, well...its already known; plus there's the whole dogmatic society thing going on back then. Hell, in 2510 we might have colonies on Mars, or superluminal modes of space travel - or there may be nothing...but i'll roll those dice

future probably for me...its just that with history, well...its already known; plus there's the whole dogmatic society thing going on back then. Hell, in 2510 we might have colonies on Mars, or superluminal modes of space travel - or there may be nothing...but i'll roll those dice
and flying cars too!

and flying cars too!

10 Lightyear, 5.87849981 × 1013 mile warranty?

^^^ Is that assuming there is nothing wrong with the thrust pedal?

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd also be gettin' you some of dem real to life ye olde kiddos... unless of course you invent the ye olde goatskin prophylactic.
Who cares you just toss the kids and the wenches out of the castle or behead them. not a problem

It's good to be the king!
Or sell them into slavery and use the money to get a six pack of mead and put some fly ass rims on your horse drawn carriage.

Who cares you just toss the kids and the wenches out of the castle or behead them. not a problem

It's good to be the king!
Or sell them into slavery and use the money to get a six pack of mead and put some fly ass rims on your horse drawn carriage.
Now your talkin'. Maybe buy yourself some troubadours to drag along and wail some tunes while your cruisin' the strip.

At the same time, you could ghost ride your carriage.

ghost-ride.JPG

Future for sure..... Anyone fool enough to move back to the medical and sanitary dark ages is free to do so, of course. Just not me. I prefer life and comforts, and I'll take my chances that they will still be vailable, perhaps even enhanced, 500 years in the future.

Shit, even if I ended up in the Idiocracy world, I'd still take the future - I'd be President!

1510, South America, would make nice nice with the natives, find El Dorado (City of Gold), make a prediction about the Spanish coming in 30 years so they could hide it. Would leave a map for my kids to find it right after I have left for 1510. Use my present skills to build a ship and sail back to Europe/England, bringing some gold back with me live like a king, sit down with Leonardo DaVinci. Would be a blast.

Back