2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got some hypotheses about that one:

1. Some people live in towns without things like grocery stores, so they are driving 15-40 miles to go shop and get back home. 

2. A lot of people also commute from those small towns into bigger towns to work. Douglas to Casper and Douglas to Gillette come to mind. 

3. We have no stay-at-home mandate. It's a conservative state, so a good portion of the population is still operating under the "this is a liberal hoax" mindset. 
Wyoming also has a population density of 6/sq mi. They can get out of the house and practice social distancing.

Wimbledon canceled. First non war time cancellation ever
Tucker Barnhart (Cincinnati Reds catcher) has been on the news talking about getting the season started in empty stadiums so people could at least have something to watch on TV.  I'd be all for it, although they'd have to be super-vigilant because any illness would go through a clubhouse in a hurry.  Wonder if that means my security side gig at the ballpark would start up too?

he prolly sends multiple people out to get his food, weed, and other "essentials" though..

Picture just taken out my front window:

54E3DE4C-6FFE-40B8-A507-F2ABB7D1BDA9.jpeg

The wildlife is taking over!!  

Last edited by a moderator:
I see breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, mid afternoon snack and dinner there for the next few weeks!

Travel restrictions be damn'd I'm gonna fill the freezer!

Found out last night someone from my graduating class died from covid.  There is at least 5 other people from high school, that I know of, that are sick from this (positive test result) who are either quarantining in-place or at the hospital.  Getting ultra worried about all my friends and family over in NYC/LI area... 

Found out last night someone from my graduating class died from covid.  There is at least 5 other people from high school, that I know of, that are sick from this (positive test result) who are either quarantining in-place or at the hospital.  Getting ultra worried about all my friends and family over in NYC/LI area... 
Wow.  So sorry to hear this.  Did they all still see each other or just a lot of covid activity in the area?  I hope this thing gets under control soon.  It’s got to be tough for you to be so far away from family, however under the rules you couldn’t go see them in-person anyway.  Thank god for the video chat service options. Stay strong.

Wow.  So sorry to hear this.  Did they all still see each other or just a lot of covid activity in the area?  I hope this thing gets under control soon.  It’s got to be tough for you to be so far away from family, however under the rules you couldn’t go see them in-person anyway.  Thank god for the video chat service options. Stay strong.
These are all separate cases.  Long Island is just really hit hard due to its proximity to NYC, the higher than usual % of the population being elderly, and the fact that...it's an island, so you can only social distance so much on an island where over 3 million people live...This obviously isn't using Queens or Brooklyn in that number.

True, I couldn't see them in-person but, idk, I just feel like my hear would be easier knowing they were at least closer physically?  It's a weird feeling.

My mother's work is considered essential by Gov. Baker so she gets to keep driving from NH to MA every day. 

My 84yo Gram lives with my mother. 

They are doing ok, Mother is apparently stripping down & showering when she gets home - likely not in the basement but upstairs in her bedroom (but my mothers room is such a mess that my gram doesn't go in there) but I'm hoping Gram doesn't handle Mother's clothes.

VT is trying to restrict what Big Box Stores can sell right now. Stating that they can only sell "essentials" (food & pharmacy) and all other aisles need to be blocked off or items removed from shelves. non-essentials being clothes, sporting goods, crafts, etc. 

I went to college in central VT. Our only option for school supplies (besides on campus) was Walmart. Kids are at home so blocking off crafts & office supplies is fecking stupid. 

More updates from my sister: NYC/LI guidance is now saying patients in cardiac arrest should not be transported to the hospital if they cannot be saved in the field, and paramedics must withhold CPR due to it forcing vapors into the air during the process.

Fuck.

Latest posts

Back