2016 Holiday Season

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not too bad.  It only reaches 2/3 of the front of the house.  the garage isn't getting any of the lights.  we could probably move it back further but then the trees would be in the way.   It is attached to a limb in one of the trees...right now mr snick has it on a kaleidoscope effect.    It is strong enough to be seen through the curtains slightly.

I would use one in conjunction with other outdoor lights more than likely. It seems like an easy way to add more lights to your house.

I would use one in conjunction with other outdoor lights more than likely. It seems like an easy way to add more lights to your house.
My neighbor put one out Saturday night.  You're familiar with the cookie cutter HOA's like the one I live in.  One of them out near the sidewalk was just enough to cover the entire front of his house.  Looks fine, they're just not super bright.  

I just let the girls hang ornaments on the bushes and stick Junior's gigantic inflatable snowman on the front lawn and call it a day.  My parents used to make me climb on the roof and do their "Better Homes and Gardens" Christmas decorations (e.g., that bow is crooked, move it 1/4" that way.  Move that one light out of a million 1 inch that direction, etc.).  This is probably my way of protesting as an adult.

We bought one of those laser lights.  I've seen a few that look ok and mine would too if they thing would come on and stay on.  Apparently $15 on Black Friday isn't enough to guarantee quality.

for outside we just did this 

And what did you do before consumer lasers?

And what did you do before consumer lasers?
nothing outside, maybe a character on stick or two tops.  Inside is where we usually put up the decorations, although with the little ones around even that has been limited lately.  2 Trees and stockings are all we have up right now and even at that the big tree just has lights at the moment.  the kiddos lost interest/got super crabby after the lights went up so we stopped and watched a movie.  never got back to the tree  

Stupid tree went up last night, along with a ton of other interior garbage.  Yet there's still a second tree, ornaments, and two boxes of holiday unknowns out in the garage.

Stupid tree went up last night, along with a ton of other interior garbage.  Yet there's still a second tree, ornaments, and two boxes of holiday unknowns out in the garage.
I guess that's the upside to having a toddler and two fat-bastard cats, I had to do the very bare minimum because I knew they'd wreck everything I'd do. My husband eye-bolted down our tree through our hardwood *twitch*

I guess that's the upside to having a toddler and two fat-bastard cats, I had to do the very bare minimum because I knew they'd wreck everything I'd do. My husband eye-bolted down our tree through our hardwood *twitch*
Grounds for divorce.

yep.  the little 3ft tree in the basement has ornaments and snickette takes them off all the time.  she will "put" them on then take the off, repeat

Back