$10 pencil is gonna be black....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so old that I brought my own pencil, my own calculators (two matching ones plus a third battery pack), and my own reference books!

Well,  but what calculator was that?  :B
TI-56 

I brought mine and my wife's matching calculators to the exam, along with a spare battery pack since batteries did not last too long back in those days.

product-81008.jpg

I bet you thought I wouldn't remember!

My very first calculator, A Unicom 202SR made by Rockwell International   It was ordered (scientific calculators were so rare and expensive that stores did not stock them!) in early 1974 while a High School Senior.  I think it was a 6 week waiting period until it arrived.  Cost was $150-$175.  Only competition at the time was the HP35 which cost nearly $400  A good used car cost less!

http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_334490

deliveryService

TI-56 

I brought mine and my wife's matching calculators to the exam, along with a spare battery pack since batteries did not last too long back in those days.

product-81008.jpg

I bet you thought I wouldn't remember!

My very first calculator, A Unicom 202SR made by Rockwell International   It was ordered (scientific calculators were so rare and expensive that stores did not stock them!) in early 1974 while a High School Senior.  I think it was a 6 week waiting period until it arrived.  Cost was $150-$175.  Only competition at the time was the HP35 which cost nearly $400  A good used car cost less!

http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_334490

Snap your a TI guy! Lol. Man that is some nice history! Some would envy being born in the Wi Fi era, i envy the opposite. When i was a kid in the mid 80’s i went along to a garage sale with mom. I saw a gagdet on a table and went straight for it. A man standing at a door to the house said in a loud voice, “ you cant play with that unless you are an engineer.” I dont think i had heard the word engineer too many times. But the gadget looked a lot like your calculator, but it had hard case. I used to think it was the HP 48g i saw that day, a calculator my previous boss still uses, but this TI  has a closer resemblence. So you dont have them anymore? Thank you for sharing! 

Back