OCTOBER 2009 PE Takers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cparanal

Reaction score
Anyone applying to sit in for the October 2009 PE exam? This is our thread.

I know that we have about 9 months ahead of us to crack this test but I am excited to start this journey. I have waited long enough to get my qualifying credentials (4 years) since my degree was from a foreign university. Hopefully the board will endorse my application.

Nonetheless, I am setting myself to successfully hurdle this goal and yes...I am tired of people at work asking me when will I take the PE.

So, for those of you who are planning on taking the exam this October, let's get through this journey all together. By the way, I will be sitting in for the CA PE exam.

The best of luck everyone.

Hi there,

I will will be taking the CA PE as well on October 2009. I'm looking foreward for the test and getting my license. What city are you in?

Santa Clarita. I guess you will taking the test in Pomona, right?
I hope not. I haven't really looked into that yet. But I hope they'll have a testing site that's closer as Pomona seems quite a drive. Although you maybe right as far as Pomona being the testing site.

I hope not. I haven't really looked into that yet. But I hope they'll have a testing site that's closer as Pomona seems quite a drive. Although you maybe right as far as Pomona being the testing site.
That's why I'm staying in the hotel next door for the two days of testing. The rooms fill up pretty fast so if you plan on staying there I would suggest you reserve a room early.

That's why I'm staying in the hotel next door for the two days of testing. The rooms fill up pretty fast so if you plan on staying there I would suggest you reserve a room early.
oh..thanks...awesome..

I started reviewing the IBC and I think it's worthless. LOL.

If everything goes well with my foreign degree credential evaluations, I am planning to take the PE and the FE in October 09 (talk about being ambitious!!). I have no idea where to start, what books/CDs/online courses are available that would help me study. So hopefully someone can suggest here on the forum. If I knew the names of any good books, I could look on ebay or amazon.

Please advise.

Thanks.

If everything goes well with my foreign degree credential evaluations, I am planning to take the PE and the FE in October 09 (talk about being ambitious!!). I have no idea where to start, what books/CDs/online courses are available that would help me study. So hopefully someone can suggest here on the forum. If I knew the names of any good books, I could look on ebay or amazon.Please advise.

Thanks.
Good luck! Take a look at the Yard Sale and look around in your area of study (mechanical, civil, etc.) There's tons of advice and information here.

If everything goes well with my foreign degree credential evaluations, I am planning to take the PE and the FE in October 09 (talk about being ambitious!!). I have no idea where to start, what books/CDs/online courses are available that would help me study. So hopefully someone can suggest here on the forum. If I knew the names of any good books, I could look on ebay or amazon.Please advise.

Thanks.
For the FE (I am a repeat taker for April 09 FE)

Here are a couple of free review course link (the one from TAMU is really good)

http://engineeringregistration.tamu.edu/ta...ws/FEreview.htm

http://www.feexam.ou.edu/

Also purchase FERM by Michael Lindeburg (this is a must have). (Check out the yard sell section for this book to get a better deal than buying it new.)

Also a must have is FE Supplied-Reference Handbook (the only book you will be supplied to use on thest test so when you work problems only use this book as a reference, get to know it well). You can download it free here on the NCEES website:

http://www.ncees.org/exams/study_materials/#fe

Good luck

When are you all turning in your paperwork for the PE? I think the registration deadline is in June or July. I guess I'll start getting all of my supervisors to sign off on my experience in May or so??

New Jersey application's due in April, with documents due in June.

New Jersey application's due in April, with documents due in June.

Yes, I will be taking it in October as well. Does anyone know the deadlines for when we are suppose to submit everything?

Does anyone have any study strategies for this exam? Please share, thanks guys!

I've applied for the PE in NJ as well. Have you guys gotten any response from the Board yet?

I plan to take only CA Surveying in Northern CA. I have passed other 3 and need to pass surveying. Can anyone recommend surveying classes in bay area ?

Back