OCTOBER 2009 PE Takers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my application approval from the board in NC for the Oct exam! Now, just to pass.. the first time.

I am taking it too in CA, but I haven't gotten the postcard back that says I am in. Has anyone in CA gotten their second postcard back yet?

Hi everyone. I thought about staying @ the Sheraton, but $400 for 2 nights is too much. I'm thinking about staying at Autolodge, which is .7 miles away for $100.
If you work for the government it is around $200 for 2 nights

I am taking it too in CA, but I haven't gotten the postcard back that says I am in. Has anyone in CA gotten their second postcard back yet?
I am going to take in CA also but I am in Mechanical. I haven't got my both first and second postcards back yet. However, we are going to get no later than 2 weeks before the exam.

I got my first postcard about 1 week after I submitted my application. One of my references told me they called him about a week ago because he left out a date. Hopefully we will know soon.

Well, I'm out. I called in June to verift that they received everything- and they had. But last week I get the letter saying they didn't have my transcript. So April it is. Which works out since my wife's pregnant and due the day before the PE in october. It's nice being about to enjoy the last bit of summer.

My friend and I didand that was to request an offical transcript from your school (They seal it and sign it....for my school they charge 5 dollars) and you put your transcript with your application package. My friend did the same thing and he got approve to take the April test. I did the same thing in Oct application and hopefully I will get the approve admission soon also.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's getting closer and I feel like I am so unprepared for this exam. I need some tips.

I hear you. The CERM has too many things in it.
I must say, the cerm practice problems for concrete design is overkill. I gave up on that section. That's the last time I touched the cerm practice problems book. It killed me 2 weeks ago. Speaking of which, I better go back to that book soon & start w/ a different topic.

The 56 days left timer clicker is a big help ~!

Work work work everyone !!

I must say, the cerm practice problems for concrete design is overkill. I gave up on that section. That's the last time I touched the cerm practice problems book. It killed me 2 weeks ago. Speaking of which, I better go back to that book soon & start w/ a different topic.
The 56 days left timer clicker is a big help ~!

Work work work everyone !!
LOL..GEEZ..NOW'S ITS 53 days..what the heck!!! lol..

TIPS ANYONE?

LOL..GEEZ..NOW'S ITS 53 days..what the heck!!! lol..
TIPS ANYONE?

I used the PPI exam cafe online. it is put out by the same people as the CERM. It prepared me well. I used it for the two months leading up to the exam. If you could get yourself to be able to solve any of these problems within about 15 minutes a piece you would be pretty good for the actual exam. When it came down to test time it seemed to actually help me more to know how to find the right process in the CERM more than to actually know how to solve every possible problem.

I got my first postcard about 1 week after I submitted my application. One of my references told me they called him about a week ago because he left out a date. Hopefully we will know soon.
Can you please tell me when did you submit in your application package? So I will know when I suppose to get it.....I send it by 7/10/2009....almost 2 months!

Sorry about the last post. I forgot to read the most important message.

I called the California Board of Professional Engineers inquiring about the status of my application and they informed me that I should get my notice 2 to 3 weeks before the exam. How encouraging!!!

I called the California Board of Professional Engineers inquiring about the status of my application and they informed me that I should get my notice 2 to 3 weeks before the exam. How encouraging!!!
I made a call on last Wednesday because my 2 postcards haven't send to me yet from CA(I wait for 2 months)...anyway thank god I called because they said one of my reference forgot to check in the box 7 (he sign, provide all information already and he is well qualifed profession engineer) so I tell that reference person and he made his call on Thursday ...just before the long weekend(because they are not work on Friday)........Anyway the person in the CA education board said that I just need to wait for my postcard send to me on the Thursday afternoon!!!!!I don't know when I will received but this is a big progress that I decided to call and find out this message!!....before I was thinking to make my call which the time close to the end of Sep.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't gotten my ticket to the exam yet for CA.

I'm getting a little anxious.

Has anyone received theirs ?

See you guys in 2 weeks ~!

Since CA is the slowest state in the nation expect your postcards 2 weeks before the test (which is rather soon), and enjoy weighting 3+ months for results while you hear everyone else in every other state getting them.

For all you taking it in Pomona I recommend to bring a sweater and your own lunch since in between tests the lines get very long very quickly for food and if you happen to sit next to one of the gigantic air conditioners that are in the halls you'll freeze.

G'luck all!

I almost feel sorry for those not taking the test at Pomona, there are so many people they set up the food wagons like at the state fair. between the PE and EIT there must be 4-5k. in my building I think there were >2000. It makes the whole thing quit a spectical. BTW get there early it takes a while to get into the parking lot, but the lot is plenty big. I think they charge $10 for parking.

Does anybody know how they grade the National Exam (1st 8 hour exam)? Is there a cut-off score? Do they curve it? From what I heard, they add both morning and afternoon exams. However, I find that odd as each specialization is different. I would think that Structural is a lot harder than other specializations?

I am trying to figure out which specialization to take for my depth.

Back