Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Lucas H

Anxiously waiting for the PTOE result

took it last month. I think i can pass but who knows? who else is waiting for the result?

photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif

I feel the same way. I saw that others appear to have found out this far after the exam period closed, so I am getting quite anxious checking tpcb.org and my email. It's actually distracting me quite thoroughly at work, and I really don't need that now.

14 hours ago, murn said:

I feel the same way. I saw that others appear to have found out this far after the exam period closed, so I am getting quite anxious checking tpcb.org and my email. It's actually distracting me quite thoroughly at work, and I really don't need that now.

you won't get result via email...you should get it from regular mail. so far, the wait still counting,,ugh, it takes forever. 

Interesting, I asked my friend last if he got it by mail or email and he said email. I guess we will see soon.

21 minutes ago, murn said:

Interesting, I asked my friend last if he got it by mail or email and he said email. I guess we will see soon.

maybe you are right! my coworker took it last year fall, she got it by mail. maybe now things change!

Who knows, my friend took it in Spring 2017, I believe.

4 hours ago, murn said:

Who knows, my friend took it in Spring 2017, I believe.

i guess today is not the day either. well, I will be on vacation tomorrow. hope i can temporarily forget about this crap

Yeah, this is starting to drag out and get annoying. I am confident I did fine, but at the same thing I thought it was harder than I expected. (it was explained to me that people who work in a District Traffic Office should find the test very easy, and I took the ITE refresher course only to find that certain things were on the exam not covered in the course)

Have a good vacation! I wish I could have one!

19 hours ago, murn said:

Yeah, this is starting to drag out and get annoying. I am confident I did fine, but at the same thing I thought it was harder than I expected. (it was explained to me that people who work in a District Traffic Office should find the test very easy, and I took the ITE refresher course only to find that certain things were on the exam not covered in the course)

Have a good vacation! I wish I could have one!

Haha thanks! Don’t forget to come back here to share the joy with me once you get the results! I may not get access to mail and work email but I still want to know when the result is in! Thanks a lot! 

I hope I come home to something in the mail, sure would be nice!

On 7/27/2018 at 3:56 PM, murn said:

I hope I come home to something in the mail, sure would be nice!

i came back! ugh, maybe today is the date! TODAY!  no more waiting plz! I really don't understand why take that long. PE exam took like a month for the results which i understand since there are like thousands of people taking it. but the PTOE, are you kidding me? just like couple hundreds, still take that long? 

Edited by Lucas H

Yeah, I needed a resume completed for a proposal today. It sure would have been nice to have PTOE on it (provided I passed ;))

Lucky you getting your PE results in a month. MD was one of the last states to post in Spring 2013. It was excruciating. This is starting to feel that way.

11 minutes ago, murn said:

Yeah, I needed a resume completed for a proposal today. It sure would have been nice to have PTOE on it (provided I passed ;))

Lucky you getting your PE results in a month. MD was one of the last states to post in Spring 2013. It was excruciating. This is starting to feel that way.

haha, not a month to be exactly. i took PE last year Oct 27, got results on Dec 5th, so i will say a little bit more than a month. but recent years, MD was alway the first batch to release the results which is nice. 

why didn't you take PTOE earlier? I mean if i passed PE in 2013, i will take PTOE the following year!

I was formerly a Maryland State Employee. In April 2013 I was the Area Traffic Engineer for Northwest Anne Arundel County on a short staffed team interviewing for a position I ultimately got, Traffic Engineering Manager for Montgomery County. Neither position gave any benefit to holding a PTOE, and the state would not reimburse for that. In fact, I had to write a justification for being reimbursed for taking the PE. The reason I'm taking it now is because I moved to NYC last August and am now a consultant, so there is a benefit to taking it now. 

Edited by murn

3 hours ago, murn said:

I was formerly a Maryland State Employee. In April 2013 I was the Area Traffic Engineer for Northwest Anne Arundel County on a short staffed team interviewing for a position I ultimately got, Traffic Engineering Manager for Montgomery County. Neither position gave any benefit to holding a PTOE, and the state would not reimburse for that. In fact, I had to write a justification for being reimbursed for taking the PE. The reason I'm taking it now is because I moved to NYC last August and am now a consultant, so there is a benefit to taking it now. 

I see. no wonder you did not take it in 2014. Well, I guess today is not the date either. The wait continues......

Ugh, looks that way, I am starting to get annoyed. 

17 hours ago, murn said:

Ugh, looks that way, I am starting to get annoyed. 

haha, I think we need patience! Maybe today is the day. 

I have been very patient, and since my resume already went in for the proposal, I am not as much concerned about it as that ship sailed. We will see if today is the day!

4 hours ago, murn said:

I have been very patient, and since my resume already went in for the proposal, I am not as much concerned about it as that ship sailed. We will see if today is the day!

not going to happen again today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sigh! will they skip the result part and mail us the certificate directly??? My Coworker got her certificate during August, but she got her result or transcript by the end of July. 

Ugh, one of my friends is telling me to call them. He is an ITE chapter lead, maybe I should. This said, I won't. I am patient.

1 minute ago, murn said:

Ugh, one of my friends is telling me to call them. He is an ITE chapter lead, maybe I should. This said, I won't. I am patient.

well, if only you have not got it, then just call. but the case here is you and I are all waiting,,,highly likely all people taking in june are all waiting, so.....we might just be patient. 

I agree. There is no reason to call as I know you're in the same boat. Now, if you told me you got it and I did not after a week that you got it, I would probably call. This seems reasonable.

Murn and Lucas...I'm still waiting on my results for the PTOE as well. Glad someone else is sitting here in the misery with me. I've been checking the mail immediately every day when I get home. Hopeful today is the day.

7 minutes ago, PaceBoiledColt said:

Murn and Lucas...I'm still waiting on my results for the PTOE as well. Glad someone else is sitting here in the misery with me. I've been checking the mail immediately every day when I get home. Hopeful today is the day.

2 hours ago, murn said:

I agree. There is no reason to call as I know you're in the same boat. Now, if you told me you got it and I did not after a week that you got it, I would probably call. This seems reasonable.

yes, we are all waiting here. no idea what happen this round. let's pray we all will  get it today. 

I just noticed that the deadline to sign up(without a late fee) for the October exam is August 7th. Surely they would let us know our results before that deadline right?