Engineer Boards
BridgeGT

April 2018 SE Exam Results

3 minutes ago, Glengineer said:

So what does AASHTO say about trains?  I barely understood what it said about tandem/trucks!

Railroad bridges are not covered by AASHTO. They are covered by AREMA. The two manuals are similar as far as topics covered, but still very different. For example the steel design in AREMA is still allowable stress and follows close to the ninth addition of AISC. Taking the SE for me was pretty brutal since I don't design buildings or use AASHTO very often. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Structural Dude said:

image.png.e36bd61de6034c31cd11c8b873ed533d.png

I've been lingering on this board for weeks, also anxiously awaiting results, but I had to jump in on this one. Keshia is much nicer to you! I asked her 2 hours ago and got the scripted 10-12 weeks response. Hahah. I think that means it's up to you to ask tomorrow as well.

• Like 1

If Ke$hia is a real person and not a robot, then no offense to her, however I don't take what she says to mean anything at all and that it's just easiest for her to stick to the script. Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit for her to give the canned answer on the day that results are released.

Whatever day they are released I expect it wouldn't be until at LEAST 4pm Eastern Time.

3 minutes ago, EngUW said:

If Ke$hia is a real person and not a robot, then no offense to her, however I don't take what she says to mean anything at all and that it's just easiest for her to stick to the script. Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit for her to give the canned answer on the day that results are released.

Whatever day they are released I expect it wouldn't be until at LEAST 4pm Eastern Time.

image.thumb.png.90bac1777c68436e41e485d87cbf3ae5.png

She is listed in their staff directory, but that doesn't mean shes not a robot. I don't believe anything she says and have still been refreshing NCEES to check if results are posted. 

9 minutes ago, EngUW said:

Last year was 2:49 PM.

2 hours ago, leggo PE said:

Pullin' for you all to get those passes! I'll be in your boat in a few years.

Thinking about jumping to a govt job... no SE requirement.  No joy in job either, but hell, it's just 30 more years.

RESULTS ARE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT ABOUT KESHIA LYING!

HAHA.jpg.97eb8e46dedf8a1c70541df6a90c2083.jpg

OK, IT'S A JOKE.

Edited by SEStress
  • fudgey 1

1 minute ago, SEStress said:

RESULTS ARE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT ABOUT KESHIA LYING!

OK IT'S A JOKE.

That post physically hurt me.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SEStress said:

OK IT'S A JOKE.

Man, you had me there for a second! Come on NCEES, takes us out from this misery.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SEStress said:

OK IT'S A JOKE.

I hate you so much...

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, SEStress said:

OK, IT'S A JOKE.

FYI, results for the SE are not PASS they are ACCEPTABLE or not.

• Like 1
  • fudgey 1

22 minutes ago, vhab49_PE said:

Thinking about jumping to a govt job... no SE requirement.  No joy in job either, but hell, it's just 30 more years.

I worked at a gov. job as my first job out of college, but jumped ship to the private world after 9 months. I don't think I'll ever get as comprehensive benefits as I would have gotten if I stayed there!

And with my luck, by the time I got to the 35 or whatever years it would be to get a pension, they would have long ago gotten rid of pensions. Or worse, just suddenly have gotten rid of them.

Just now, TheStructuralEngineer said:

The chat now tab does not even show up in NCEES site, I guess we fired too many shots at Keshia.

Lol or maybe she just went home for the day

12 minutes ago, thedaywa1ker said:
13 minutes ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

The chat now tab does not even show up in NCEES site, I guess we fired too many shots at Keshia.

Lol or maybe she just went home for the day

They always turn the chat off right before they release results.

12 minutes ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

Yup and they turn it back on when they see Jupiter.

I thought they turned it back on when they saw Uranus?

Okay...I'll see myself out.  

1 hour ago, SEStress said:

OK, IT'S A JOKE.

Do you want to get shot....cause this is how you get shot.... HAHAHA

• Like 1

Okay - I broke down and asked with no luck.  Anyone who's been having better luck want to give it a try?

image.png.752e1d6161eb561a4947d9ccfd03ff6c.png

• Like 1

Maybe we should give them a link to the forum thread so they can see the desperation...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MB13 said:

Okay - I broke down and asked with no luck.  Anyone who's been having better luck want to give it a try?

image.png.752e1d6161eb561a4947d9ccfd03ff6c.png

They're not saying it WON'T be today...this just confirms that they either: a) truly don't know the release date or b) are simply sticking with the canned answer regardless of what they know. Most likely the later.

could be today (should be today)