Jump to content
Engineer Boards
BridgeGT

April 2018 SE Exam Results

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Glengineer said:

If she’s a bot...that would break her...and anger the NCEES gods.  Then we may never get our results!

I feel like I have to do this now... It's like you've told me NOT to push the button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's tough waiting this out folks, but the results will come soon! I'm sticking with my prediction from a few weeks ago with the over/under date being this Friday. 

Hang in there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am totally with you guys. It is brutal waiting. Just think that this wait is for a good reason and continue to pray and pray and pray until you see you have an acceptable results. 

 

DON't lose Faith, stay strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea its crazy. It just like 300-400 people taking the test throughout the country, you charge $500 per candidate and tell me can't grade it in 9 weeks? 
Looks like they only  hired one person to grade.
Meanwhile, I strongly believe results will be out before the new registration date 06/18, which keeps us at 06/15.

12 minutes ago, SEStress said:

Ashlei made me sad.

Yup, Ashlei/Keshia are baaaad, they just make you saaad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SEStress said:

I've been lurking on this board and decided to sign up. The previous years release dates for the April SE exam are as follows (all in June with yyyy-dd format):

2011-29

2012-14

2013-13

2014-17

2015-11

2016-10

2017-09

So from this data and knowing that 2011 was the first administration of this exam, we can extrapolate that the 2011 April exam was the first cut score/anchor exam. With that being said, one would think that NCEES would already have the process and analysis in place so future cut score exams would be graded faster. I am hoping they have this wrapped up for us by the end of the week but with history as our guide, the 29th is within the realm of possibility.. It's hard for me to believe that grading takes this long as I'm already licensed in other areas and the large majority of my licenses were granted the SAME day. Not to mention testing for this license is only offered twice per year. I just had to get that off my chest, the stress monster is eating me over this ridiculous exam. (2nd time taking lateral BTW)

I think you need to add in test dates for best comparison.

http://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/NCEES-exam-dates-past-and-through-2026.pdf

2011-29 -April 8/9 - 81 days 

2012-14 - April 13/14 - 61 days

2013-13 - April 12/13 - 61 days

2014-17 - April 11/12 - 66 days

2015-11 - April 17/18 - 54 days

2016-10 - April 15/16 - 55 days

2017-09 - April 13/14 - 56 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vhab49_PE said:

I think you need to add in test dates for best comparison.

http://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/NCEES-exam-dates-past-and-through-2026.pdf

2011-29 -April 8/9 - 81 days 

2012-14 - April 13/14 - 61 days

2013-13 - April 12/13 - 61 days

2014-17 - April 11/12 - 66 days

2015-11 - April 17/18 - 54 days

2016-10 - April 15/16 - 55 days

2017-09 - April 13/14 - 56 days

Good idea. We are on day 60 now though and another post brought up the relative cut score date in 2011 being close to the release date. Based on the evidence, it could be as early as this past Monday or the results could come in July. Guessing at these things is all an exercise in futility anyway. We need a better system for administering licensure as I think every minute that goes by is a minute off of my life.

Edited by SEStress
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reasons for release dates:

June 11 - Average of previous release dates not incorporating the 2011 exam

June 15 - Average of all previous release dates/Friday before October registration/I just feel like this is the day and by golly that's worth something

June 20 - 11 days past cutscore date (corresponds exactly to 2011 administration cutscore timeline)/During the 10th week.

June 22 - End of 10th week

July 5 - 81 day mark

July 6 - End of 12th week

 

Pick one, we'll bet on it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SEStress said:

Reasons for release dates:

June 11 - Average of previous release dates not incorporating the 2011 exam

June 15 - Average of all previous release dates/Friday before October registration/I just feel like this is the day and by golly that's worth something

June 20 - 11 days past cutscore date (corresponds exactly to 2011 administration cutscore timeline)/During the 10th week.

June 22 - End of 10th week

July 5 - 81 day mark

July 6 - End of 12th week

 

Pick one, we'll bet on it.

 

 

July 6th, because NCEES doesn't care and they wanna see how many of us will die of stress related illness before then....

Edited by Dagny Taggart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will go with the 15th as well. Good luck to all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

#funfact
we are only 15 test takers in this thread.   

with 10,500 views...thats a lot of F5s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thedaywa1ker said:

with 10,500 views...thats a lot of F5s

LOL, yeah. I am full-time here and part time at work until the results are out.
Are you a test taker too for April? if so, it would be 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thedaywa1ker said:

with 10,500 views...thats a lot of F5s

I THINK I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ABOUT 9500 OF THOSE...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EngUW said:

This Friday, 6/15 - 4:33 pm EDT

I sincerely hope they come out in the morning - I'm taking 6/15, 11:15 am EST.

I only took the vertical and felt fairly confident about it. However, the results dragging out like this have caused my anxiety to peak and I'm convincing myself I've somehow dropped the ball in a major way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

LOL, yeah. I am full-time here and part time at work until the results are out.
Are you a test taker too for April? if so, it would be 16.

Yep...I've had my laptop with NCEES and this forum open at my desk being constantly refreshed since the PE results started coming out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MathsWell said:

I sincerely hope they come out in the morning - I'm taking 6/15, 11:15 am EST.

I only took the vertical and felt fairly confident about it. However, the results dragging out like this have caused my anxiety to peak and I'm convincing myself I've somehow dropped the ball in a major way.

I've passed the gravity already but failed lateral as seismic detailing isn't something I do (nor was it taught at the University when I went). I took a study course with school of PE and I now think I sit somewhere around 90% in the morning and 75% in the afternoon as I didn't have time to finish the 4th essay question. What worries me about this is the new cut scores and whether they average grades or what not. I am now biting my nails because I have read that if you fail one afternoon question, you fail the exam. I will definitely be able to answer that question soon as my question 4 was mostly unanswered with the exception of a bunch of scribbled text in the 10 minutes I had to work it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheStructuralEngineer said:

Congratulations everybody, we just got "HOT" tag in this thread. Desperation overloaded.

Wahoo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, 

Anyone can show me how to check exam results with other tools except Ncees? thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MICHIGAN_SE said:

Hello everyone, 

Anyone can show me how to check exam results with other tools except Ncees? thanks

 

There's none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MICHIGAN_SE said:

Hello everyone, 

Anyone can show me how to check exam results with other tools except Ncees? thanks

 

Just watch this thread.  You'll KNOW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ANTICIPATION UGH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came here for the hotness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×