Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon.................. - Page 5 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Road Guy

Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

I thought it would have been more like the North Korea movie they made but we're too afraid to release - that movies was actually funny but when I get 15 minutes into a "comedy" and don't laugh I generally turn it off...

TheInterview.jpeg

I typically don't like this style of comedy, but I was surprised with this one. Thought it was really funny.

Watching Louis C.K.'s new performance on Netflix. Pretty damn funny, but only if you don't mind joking about abortion, suicide, marriage, kids.  Good treadmill show.

• Like 1

Not Netflix, but we started watching the new season of Twin Peaks last night. It's even better than the first season in that we have no idea what's happening but it's so creepy and somehow so addictive at the same time. It's kind of fun to see how the actors have aged over time too.

We've been watching Luke Cage and it is entertaining, but man is it slow.  

binge watched Stranger Things this week.  Love it!!!!  Thanks for the recommendation.  Can't wait for season 2, in October

• Like 1

I couldn't sleep last night at watched the comedy about the Loomis Fargo Heist. It was semi entertaining. If you are up at 1 AM and need something to help you fall asleep!

Although I cant recall the name of the movie this morning.

25 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

I couldn't sleep last night at watched the comedy about the Loomis Fargo Heist. It was semi entertaining. If you are up at 1 AM and need something to help you fall asleep!

Although I cant recall the name of the movie this morning.

masterminds?

Last thing I watched was 13 reasons why.  Their cliffhangers at the end of every episode kept me going back.  I'm on to Iron Fist next.

Untold Stories of the ER. Episodes are dramatized and each usually consists of a serious story, a funny story, and a weird story.

I don't watch much Netflix, but this is an awesome watch on Amazon Prime.  I highly recommend it:

https://www.amazon.com/Assaulted-Civil-Rights-Under-Fire/dp/B00EJRAHFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498866066&sr=8-1&keywords=civil+rights+under+fire

One of the local cable channels is replaying the first 6 seasons of Game of Thrones before season 7 drops in a couple of weeks. Have the DVR set and stocking up on the popcorn for an epic binge fest.

Working my way through the TV series Bones.

Just discovered my cable provider has thrown HBO into my package so I have a lot of GoT to catch up on.  

• Like 1

I've recently made it through S5 of OINTB and the premiere season of The Handmaid's Tale. 

4 hours ago, csb said:

I've recently made it through S5 of OINTB and the premiere season of The Handmaid's Tale. 

How is Orange? I've only seen the first 2 seasons and part of the 3rd.

5 hours ago, Dexman PE PMP said:

How is Orange? I've only seen the first 2 seasons and part of the 3rd.

I have watched 3, 4, and 5 in full binge mode. Three was like the reward for surviving 2. 

29 minutes ago, csb said:

I have watched 3, 4, and 5 in full binge mode. Three was like the reward for surviving 2. 

Yeah, 2 was pretty rough and the first couple of season 3 weren't very promising so we stopped. Once we finish re-watching Game of Thrones 1-6 and get into 7, we may restart Orange.

Nymphomaniac Volume I and II.

Make no mistake about it, this thing is chock full of nudity and genitalia of both sexes, so make sure your kids are at least 50 miles away from the TV.  Not a movie to throw on with Grandma and Granpda on the couch.

Now, that said, I assumed this was going to be one of those crappy documentaries Netflix puts out like the ones on call girls, etc., but it isn't.  I watched after seeing a cast of relatively well known actors (Christian Slater, Willem Dafoe, Shia Lebouf, Stellan Skarsgard), and the whole movie is really messed up but well done, IMO.  It's a fictional story that follows a woman from childhood through adulthood (movie begins with her being found alive in an alleyway), chronicling her obsession with sex and how it made her a horrible person (relationships, extortion, motherhood, crime in adulthood).  It's all told in a series of chapters in which she describes the happenings to the man that found her outside.  Volume II has a surprising twist at the end.  

so if one reads the GOT books before watching the tv series, will they be disappointed when they watch the show?  

17 minutes ago, snickerd3 said:

so if one reads the GOT books before watching the tv series, will they be disappointed when they watch the show?  

I read the first book of the series and preferred the show, so I'll say no.

I know people who have read all the books and done both, and other than complaining about missing characters or different story lines, none of them said it ruined the show for them.

• Like 1

I'm about half way through listening to the 3 GOT book...it'a almost 40 hrs long.  I have ready access to audio for book 4.  Will have to visit the library for the rest.  But I want to finish the books before watching.  I already have a mental picture in my head fo the characters and don't want to mess it up while just yet.  Although they use a different person to voice the book in the 4th one...not looking for to that.  I might see the library has a version with the same voice as the 

Well since George can't seem to put down the turkey leg and finish writing the books that may be a while before you get to read "all" the books!

I've read the first 3 but I started reading them after watching the first season- there is so much extra content in the books I don't think it really matters if you read them or watch then first.

And did Supe just say Shia Labuff was a legit actor?

• Like 1