CA Civil - Seismic and Surveying - Page 4 - APR 2015 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
QueenBee PE

CA Civil - Seismic and Surveying

Congrats on survey! If it's any consolation, this was my third time taking seismic... Hoping for a pass here.

Waiting for this damn email... Ahhh

Thanks! I figure 8 hrs and survey on the first try and focus on the seismic the 2nd time.

Good luck to you too!

For everyone who has received your results already, what time did you get the first email this morning?

So this is my first time taking this test. I passed 8 hr. I passed seismic but I did not pass Surveying. FYI I'm a structural engineer. Why does California have to require more than the minimum? WHY?

For everyone who has received your results already, what time did you get the first email this morning?

Mine came at 9:31a and I'm still waiting for the results. That narrows it down a bit.

Mine came at 9:31a and I'm still waiting for the results. That narrows it down a bit.

Yea I received mine at 9:44 so I guess I still have a little wait! Argh!

Just got both seismic and surveying! Passed all 3 exams in 1st attempt.

Same here! The trifecta! Congrats I know you're as excited as I am Edited by Civil Dawg

Just got both seismic and surveying! Passed all 3 exams in 1st attempt.

Same here! The trifecta! Congrats I know you're as excited as I am

Thanks and congratulations to you too! I was only a little bit worried about surveying as I left the centre 45 minutes before the scheduled duration as I was not feeling well.

Civil Dawg and Daakbool. Did you take a review course for surveying ? Do you use surveying at work. I am trying to find a good survey review course for non surveyors. I studied Boniface and Mansour's work book, It didn't help much. The exam had more drawing based problems.

I did it! I passed national and seismic this time and surveying last time! I'm licensed and drinking now!

Edited by NakedOrangie
  • Like 1

I did it! I passed national and seismic this time and surveying last time! I'm licensed and drinking now!

NakedOrangie, congrats! time to drink, cheers from east coast.

Civil Dawg and Daakbool. Did you take a review course for surveying ? Do you use surveying at work. I am trying to find a good survey review course for non surveyors. I studied Boniface and Mansour's work book, It didn't help much. The exam had more drawing based problems.

usbrwaterdog sorry I can't give any better advice but I used the PPI problems and Mansour's workbooks like you did. I'm structural so don't use survey any other than a few times going to the field and use a total station to obtain existing data. My only advice would be to draw out the problems as you work them and make sure you know SOHCAHTOA and law of sines/cosines like the back of your hand

OMG, I just found out I passed all 3 exams in 1st attempt !!!!! I am officially a CA PE now :Chris:

congrats ! cheers!

First time taker

Passed 8 hr Structural and Surveying

Failed seismic :(

I just graduated. I was planning to use PE status to get some leverage when applying for a job, now I will have to wait 6 months :(

Congrats to everyone who passed..Best of luck to future candidates.

I am a bridge guy and so had some exps on fundamental highway geometry and alignment at work.

Reza's book was only reference I looked at.

I thought the exam was more like a geometry test than I expected. Hope you this helpful for your plan.