CA Civil - Seismic and Surveying

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am an earthquake engineer, but I found seismic problems difficult and insufficient amount of time. I had studies only two days for seismic using PPI book.

Surveying was mostly mathematical calculations and I found it easy.

What review courses did you guys take for surveying.
I self-studied for a week and took a day off work to crank out tons of practice problems. I felt pretty confident during the exam, but we'll see once we get results.

Practice problems really boosted my confidence.
I used boniface practice problems. I didn't think they were representative of the exam. Which practice problems did you use ?

What review courses did you guys take for surveying.
I self-studied for a week and took a day off work to crank out tons of practice problems. I felt pretty confident during the exam, but we'll see once we get results.

Practice problems really boosted my confidence.
I used boniface practice problems. I didn't think they were representative of the exam. Which practice problems did you use ?
I used the PPI package for surveying to self-study, which is Boniface for the practice problems and Cuomo for the textbook. While studying in a cafe, I actually had someone come up to me who had worked with Cuomo and they told me how great he was. http://ppi2pass.com/civil-surveying-pe-package-surp5.html

The definitions book was especially helpful on the exam.

Even if the practice problems weren't exactly similar to the exam, they got me in the right mindset. I also made my own compact equation sheets that I used for quick reference throughout the exam. The equation sheet and dictionary got me through most of it pretty quickly.

Surveying was hard for me. Any other environmental engineers really struggle with surveying? I mean all of the topics have been tough, but surveying is the hardest one to study due to its overall awfulness.

One more email and it's all out there!

I'm sick of getting emails that just cause my pulse to skyrocket!

I wonder if they're sending emails by alphabetical order. My last name starts with L...

I already know my password, just send me the results instead!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the email with password with this notification:

"You will receive your exam results via email with an attached PASSWORD PROTECTED document within the next 24 hours."

Just got the password email.

Because I'm sure people are interested:

April 2014

Password email: 3:29 PM PST

Results email: 5:03 PM PST

October 2014

Password email: 9:35 AM PST

Results email: 11:43 AM PST

Results are always behind about two hours...

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Board's facebook page:

Results for the California State-Specific Civil Engineer and Land Surveyor examinations are being sent out today to the candidate’s email address on record. Please be patient as it may take the entire day for all of the results to be sent. NCEES Civil Engineer and Land Surveyor examination results can be obtained by logging into the candidate’s NCEES account. Examination results for the Geology exams have been sent by U.S. mail to the candidate’s address of record. If you do not receive the email or letter by Friday afternoon (5/29), contact your evaluator so that a replacement may be sent to you. Please be advised that results will not be released over the phone.

BPELS license look up doesn't show my name. So I am assuming I failed both the special exams or one of them. I am hoping one of them.

Back