Would you buy a murder house?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread reminds me... a couple weeks ago my daughter (age 6) was mixing all sorts of strange things in a bowl - uncooked shell pasta, lifesavers, chopped rotten apples, etc. I asked her what she was doing and she said "making ghost food". Huh? She said that's what ghosts like to eat and that we should leave them a bowl so they're nice to us.

I argued that leaving the bowl out might encourage them to come to our house, and she said "Oh they're already here".
You either need to move or get rid of your daughter. That's creepy!

Spent 6 years in one. No biggie. No ghosts, hauntings or other shenanigans.
was it a "murder house" or just a "death house"?
Maybe just a death house. 6 year old girl died with some odd circumstances. Everyone in the neighborhood had a different story. Some say she fell and some say she was pushed etc. causing a head injury coupled with hitting a car pulling in the driveway. EMS respond time was 25+ minutes so... Court hearings were eventually dropped and the family moved out leaving a smoking hot deal. Probably just a death house but the neighbors love drama.

"Some say she fell and some say she was pushed etc. causing a head injury coupled with hitting a car pulling in the driveway."

so she dies in the drivewqay but not inside the house. I'm sorry but I'd have to classify that as a potential murder/death "property" and not a "house" where you actually live/sleep where someone died. Glad you got a smoking deal out of it. Doid you tell the buyers about the history when you sold it? Was the value back to "typical" or did you have to come down from typical because of the past?

snick: So was there a "presence" that that gave you unique skills later in life?
Fine, be that way. Dad bought it when I was eight so no idea how cheap.

I have a 150 year old house. The lot it is on was first built upon in 1780 something, by the son of one of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence. The son died in the first house after being bitten by a rattlesnake (according to a plaque at a cemetery) and was buried in the cemetry sort of across the street from the house (not exactly across the street, but just a stones throw away behind the houses on the other side of the street). He was only in his 20's when he died. The house remained with his family for a number of years till it was torn down and rebuilt in 1860 (or maybe it burned down, not entirely sure). From 1860 till 1970, the record is a little murky on who lived there and what happened, but there are some interesting (and some might say, creepy) areas in the house, like a room in the attic with a door and closet right outside the door. The room is painted a pastel blue, like maybe it was a childs room. There is also a long opening through the lower part of the attic that goes to a small "trapdoor" looking door on the outside of the house. So, with a ladder, you could go through the little trapdoor and crawl along the rafters and then come into the house near my two youngest kids' rooms. When I've gone into the attic at night, that long corridor is picth black, but I know what it looks like when there is light, and I can't help it but I imagine a long black haired girl with wild eyes sitting just out of the light staring at me. That's the only really creepy part of the house though. The rest of the house has a very warm and comfortable feel to it. The attic just raises my hackles because I'm a horror film nut and have seen way too many movies with scary little children and for some reason that is what comes to mind when I go into the attic. I think it is because that room up there sort of reminds me of the room that they kept the girl from the Ring.

Happy Halloween! Oh, and I totally wanted to put a dim light in that room and fashion a figure of a small girl in the window for halloween decorations but my wife threatened to make me sleep there if I did.

I SO double-dog dare you to put this in a dimly lit area of the attic.

polls_SawDoll2_2930_893852_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

The saw guy doesn't scare me at all, those are just gore movies, gore isn't scary just bloody. The little black haired doll with dark eye sockets, now that would freak the living hell out of me if I saw it in my attic. I'd be moving out that night... Leave all my stuff and buy everything new in the new house.

Back