Would you buy a murder house?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I could do it. If it was a really good deal, I'd probably think really hard on it and try to be all logical about why I should, but in the end, I just don't think I could.

I'd agree w/ Supe, if I didn't know the person, it was the house that I really wanted and it was a super deal, I'd do it...although, if you watch American Horror story season 1, it is totally about this exact senario and it's a pretty freaky show!
I watched half of one episode and had to shut it off - super freaky. Guess I couldn't do it.

jake-palmer-house-for-sale-not-haunted-sign-only.jpg

Friend of mine has a murder house across th street. Guy shot his girlfriend. A motorcycle club bought it.

He said they've really cut down on crime and d-baggery in the hood.

I'd buy it, but it would have to be a rental since Mrs Dex has absolutely no intention of ever moving again.

A death in the house is always a bit on the creepy side. My grandfather passed away while he was living with my parents a couple years back. He was staying in my old bedroom (which was the guest room before he moved in, and returned to a guest room after he passed) and was on his way to the restroom when he collapsed. Those two rooms have never really felt the same since...

I'd agree w/ Supe, if I didn't know the person, it was the house that I really wanted and it was a super deal, I'd do it...although, if you watch American Horror story season 1, it is totally about this exact senario and it's a pretty freaky show!
I watched half of one episode and had to shut it off - super freaky. Guess I couldn't do it.
I got hooked on AHS when I saw the pilot/premiere. this season is even stranger than last. It's the only TV show that I will record so I'm sure I don't miss it.

I got hooked on AHS when I saw the pilot/premiere. this season is even stranger than last. It's the only TV show that I will record so I'm sure I don't miss it.
This season is definitely 'out there.'

Last season rocked.

I saw the first season was uploaded to the instant watch section of Netflix. I may start watching it again now that I know it isn't taking up precious DVR space so my wife can record the Vampire Diaries... :hung-037:

I really like this season, but not as much as last season. It's almost a completely different show, but I can see where they are going with this season, so I'm sure the rest will be awesome!
It is a completely different show. IIRC tonight is the season finale, correct? I'm not sure I "can see where they are going with this season".

I try not to think about what could have happened in the past at my house since it's over 100 years old. Although it gets a little creepy when the floors creak and crack... It is entirely possible and probably likely that someone has died there. Don't let your mind wander in regard to what else could have happened in every room either. After all, the family that owned the place before us had like six kids. This is not a conversation that I have had with my wife but I'm guessing that she is pushing to rebuild in a couple of years due to similar thoughts.

I'm more interested in finding hidden compartments in the house and other buildings or old cream cans burried in the yard!!

Isn't Dylan McDermit from season 1 the son of the writer and Dr Thredson, so it's kinda starting the backstory for season 1
yes. that is a tie bewteen Seasons 1 and 2, but I don't know where they're going from here. The whole breast milk thing was pretty bizarre.

I try not to think about what could have happened in the past at my house since it's over 100 years old. Although it gets a little creepy when the floors creak and crack... It is entirely possible and probably likely that someone has died there. Don't let your mind wander in regard to what else could have happened in every room either. After all, the family that owned the place before us had like six kids. This is not a conversation that I have had with my wife but I'm guessing that she is pushing to rebuild in a couple of years due to similar thoughts.

I'm more interested in finding hidden compartments in the house and other buildings or old cream cans burried in the yard!!
The bricks on the side of one of the bldgs in our little downtown area on a 100+ yr old bldg came crashing down a week or so ago...they found a glass medcine bottle with a note inside from the owner of the bldg that listed what businesses were in the bldg, the company doing to the refacing of the bldg and the front pages of the 2 local papers at the time. a strange coicindence that they were jack hammering the sidewalks a few weeks prior to the crumble for a beautification project...

a strange coicindence that they were jack hammering the sidewalks a few weeks prior to the crumble for a beautification project..

and I'll bet it looks beautiful except for all those damn bricks all over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a hard question. I don't know how I'd approach buying a house with a know death/murder. Instinct says no, rationale say yeah (for the right price). I think for me it would depend on room layout, as the home could have the potential to be a little creepy in some places.

I really like this season, but not as much as last season. It's almost a completely different show, but I can see where they are going with this season, so I'm sure the rest will be awesome!
It is a completely different show. IIRC tonight is the season finale, correct? I'm not sure I "can see where they are going with this season".
I guess by now you know the season finale is next week.

I have a regular Wednesday night commitment (unfortunately it's not a socks only thing) so I record it and watch it later, so I wasn't completely sure.

Back