Would you buy a murder house?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't have a problem with a death house. I've lived in a couple. But a murder house has bad mojo.

Spent 6 years in one. No biggie. No ghosts, hauntings or other shenanigans.
was it a "murder house" or just a "death house"?
Maybe just a death house. 6 year old girl died with some odd circumstances. Everyone in the neighborhood had a different story. Some say she fell and some say she was pushed etc. causing a head injury coupled with hitting a car pulling in the driveway. EMS respond time was 25+ minutes so... Court hearings were eventually dropped and the family moved out leaving a smoking hot deal. Probably just a death house but the neighbors love drama.

My parent's house used to be a house of ill repute...the neighbors were excited when a young family bought it and moved in.

Spent 6 years in one. No biggie. No ghosts, hauntings or other shenanigans.
was it a "murder house" or just a "death house"?
Maybe just a death house. 6 year old girl died with some odd circumstances. Everyone in the neighborhood had a different story. Some say she fell and some say she was pushed etc. causing a head injury coupled with hitting a car pulling in the driveway. EMS respond time was 25+ minutes so... Court hearings were eventually dropped and the family moved out leaving a smoking hot deal. Probably just a death house but the neighbors love drama.

"Some say she fell and some say she was pushed etc. causing a head injury coupled with hitting a car pulling in the driveway."

so she dies in the drivewqay but not inside the house. I'm sorry but I'd have to classify that as a potential murder/death "property" and not a "house" where you actually live/sleep where someone died. Glad you got a smoking deal out of it. Doid you tell the buyers about the history when you sold it? Was the value back to "typical" or did you have to come down from typical because of the past?

snick: So was there a "presence" that that gave you unique skills later in life?

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine bought a house where the previous owner hung himself from the 2nd flr banister. Its a beautilful house but it does feel a little creepy at times.

Several years back, I was out on the west coast visiting family and we went to see this little movie called "Sixth Sense" that scared the bejeezus out of me.

The next day, we went and visited my Grand-Aunt & Uncle who lived in a house they built 50 years ago up on the side of a hill in Beverly Hills. As I walked through the house, I got struck with this weird, calm feeling realizing that nothing bad had ever happened in that house - no deaths, no beatings, no religious cults entombed in caves underneath. It was this strikingly weird calm aura (if you believe in that crap.)

Not only that, but the story of how they were able to buy & build a house on an empty lot in B/H is an engineers sweet dream: invent a simple hydraulic actuator for a D.O.D. project and next thing you know, ol' Jeb's a millionaire!

Uncle Jack might have been that crusty old guy in the paper filled cubicle down the hall just counting his days to retirement, except that he designed a little thingy that holds planes up in the air - to hear him tell it, almost by accident. He is my hero! Nicest guy you ever met. Total engineer. Least creepy house I've ever been in!

My house gets a little creepy sometimes, but I sing to it and it seems to like that.

Don't judge me!

This thread reminds me... a couple weeks ago my daughter (age 6) was mixing all sorts of strange things in a bowl - uncooked shell pasta, lifesavers, chopped rotten apples, etc. I asked her what she was doing and she said "making ghost food". Huh? She said that's what ghosts like to eat and that we should leave them a bowl so they're nice to us.

I argued that leaving the bowl out might encourage them to come to our house, and she said "Oh they're already here".

Uncle Jack might have been that crusty old guy in the paper filled cubicle down the hall just counting his days to retirement, except that he designed a little thingy that holds planes up in the air - to hear him tell it, almost by accident. He is my hero! Nicest guy you ever met. Total engineer. Least creepy house I've ever been in!

My house gets a little creepy sometimes, but I sing to it and it seems to like that.

Don't judge me!

Do you sing Sweet Home Alabama?

Fraz: Was she doing this while sitting in the dark in fornt oa static filled TV screen? Did she slowly turn to you and say "They're here"?

I don't think I would feel good about buying a murder house. It would depend on the vibes. And I really believe that houses have vibes.

Back