Why is PCS (for PA and other states) so SLOW!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that is the definition of reconciliation, or whatever they call it? Nice, good work HE. I still don't understand how this process takes so long in the day of computers and internet. Whatever. spam on.

From PCS:

"[SIZE=medium]NCEES owns the exam so they have a first hand on all the scores. PCS is a 3rd party contacted by some Board, therefore when NCEES has released their scores to candidates, PCS is just receiving scores and that's when we start to load scores in to each candidates file. This is called our reconciliation process. If NCEES would give PCS the scores before releasing them to candidates then we would be able to release them at the same time as NCEES. Unfortunately that is not the case and PCS is always a week or two behind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It has always worked this way, and again PCS makes you aware of this before the exam so there are no questions left unanswered. "[/SIZE]

I'm imagining one person, sitting at a computer, reading a printout from NCESS and typing in our scores one by one.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if they're even using a computer. I'd go with a single scribe transferring the list they receive onto a scroll of papyrus, and then making hand copies of that scroll to send to every state they contract with. Punch cards from the 1960's or whenever are probably many millennia more modern than their systems.

My PCS Account has the following:

"Pending Examinations

New Jersey PE Exam
Exam details at ncees.org
Eligibility sent to NCEES"

Does this mean they are done with their "reconciliation" process and have given their results to NCEES to release? Are we actually waiting on NCEES?

"Pending Examinations

New Jersey PE Exam

Does this mean they are done with their "reconciliation" process and have given their results to NCEES to release? Are we actually waiting on NCEES?

No, it doesn't. That is your eligibility to sit for the PE exam.

I think that means you were eligible to take the exam. I think mine has said that all along.

"Pending Examinations

New Jersey PE Exam

NCEES says they are waiting for Virginia to allow them to release it. Virginia says they are waiting for PCS to get it back to them. PCS says they gave them to NCEES. Everyone is just pointing fingers.

I would say give it an hour to 90 minutes and then check NCEES. that is where the results will first post, I believe.

"Pending Examinations

New Jersey PE Exam

NCEES says they are waiting for Virginia to allow them to release it. Virginia says they are waiting for PCS to get it back to them. PCS says they gave them to NCEES. Everyone is just pointing fingers.

...I didn't think that step happened? What gave you that idea?

I actually heard this one of the last times that I took the exam. Not sure if it is an excuse or real.

"Pending Examinations

New Jersey PE Exam

Someone had posted that was what they came away with after talking to PCS. Perhaps it was an old post? I don't know. Doesn't really matter at this point though. Bottom line is certain PCS states don't have results while other PCS states do.

"Pending Examinations

New Jersey PE Exam

Someone had posted that was what they came away with after talking to PCS. Perhaps it was an old post? I don't know. Doesn't really matter at this point though. Bottom line is certain PCS states don't have results while other PCS states do.

Actually, I'm pretty certain none of the PCS states have results.

"Pending Examinations

New Jersey PE Exam

Back