Why is PCS (for PA and other states) so SLOW!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it has something to do with what they do with there results once they are validated.

Ok... thanks to all of you for your input. I'm in MD as well and I checked a little while ago and I have the same as you guys in MD, VA, and NJ. No blue circle w/ arrow. This is some bull.... I feel like a puppet.

same as thunder. I'm in PA.

I came to terms months ago with the fact that I wasn't going to see results until around X-mas. I just want to get them before 2014 because if I know I passed by my performance review, which is in early January, I will get promoted.

I'm in PA...I've had the circle with blue arrow since I started check last week. I remember this icon from during the application process...it just means something is pending.

I've posted something similar on other threads in the past, but am so glad I'm no longer waiting on results from PA. I feel for you guys/gals:

PE Civil (4/24/09): Results by mail on 7/6/09 (73 days); License # on 8/6/09 [fortunately for you all now, this happens much quicker]

SE Vertical (10/28/11): Results via email on 1/6/12 (70 days)

SE Lateral (4/14/12): Results via email on 6/19/12 (66 days)

I got same thing as thunder
Strange, I'm in MA too and have something slightly different from my PCS account page. Not reading into it too much...

blank.png
checked.png
Coordinator Review

blank.png
checked.png
Exam Date Notification

blank.png
checked.png
Eligibility Sent to NCEES

go.png
unchecked.png
Passing Score Received

Nice, I've reached my picture posting limit otherwise mine would look exactly as it does on screen ... but mine shows the blue arrow next to "Scores Received" as well....

Kind of surprised in that there weren't any states today. My guess is that at least Ct will post tomorrow. My hope is that NJ does too.

I've come to just pass my time on other threads on this site. Dam work keeps getting in the way though.

The more and more I think about the board or PCS or whoever is dragging their feet, the more PO'ed I get. If I passed, I'm looking at a substantial raise and every day that passes is another day I'm not being compensated. Something really needs to be done about this...I wonder if a letter to my Rep would get some attention and help future takers.

Probably not. They will just send an inquiry to the board who will tell them what their process is and that you aren't being put in undue duress by not getting a pay raise a few days earlier than you'd like. The rep would send you a one page letter saying that he looked into the matter and has forwarded the response, thanks for the opportunity to serve.

Best bet is to let go and find a hobby. I know. Easier said than done, but trust me, I'm living proof. I found the other threads on this site to occupy my wait time.

From PCS:

"[SIZE=medium]NCEES owns the exam so they have a first hand on all the scores. PCS is a 3rd party contacted by some Board, therefore when NCEES has released their scores to candidates, PCS is just receiving scores and that's when we start to load scores in to each candidates file. This is called our reconciliation process. If NCEES would give PCS the scores before releasing them to candidates then we would be able to release them at the same time as NCEES. Unfortunately that is not the case and PCS is always a week or two behind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It has always worked this way, and again PCS makes you aware of this before the exam so there are no questions left unanswered. "[/SIZE]

From PCS:

"[SIZE=medium]NCEES owns the exam so they have a first hand on all the scores. PCS is a 3rd party contacted by some Board, therefore when NCEES has released their scores to candidates, PCS is just receiving scores and that's when we start to load scores in to each candidates file. This is called our reconciliation process. If NCEES would give PCS the scores before releasing them to candidates then we would be able to release them at the same time as NCEES. Unfortunately that is not the case and PCS is always a week or two behind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It has always worked this way, and again PCS makes you aware of this before the exam so there are no questions left unanswered. "[/SIZE]

I'm imagining one person, sitting at a computer, reading a printout from NCESS and typing in our scores one by one.

Back