Why is PCS (for PA and other states) so SLOW!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The country is about 1 week ahead of schedule in terms of receiving October 2013 results compared to October 2012 results. In 2012, PA got their results on Jan. 8th.

Hopefully this means we get them before 2014. I have a feeling we will get them before X-mas or after new years due to people taking off for the holidays.

2012 map http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=20433&page=8

Results seem to be on the same schedule as April 2013. Wish, if true, would give PA "only" another nine days. Looks like WI will be out in another day or two if history holds true. Maybe I'll get lucky...

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=21485&page=10

I'm anxious to get my results...but in the grand scheme, an extra week doesn't really make much difference. It's not like I have plans on the table waiting for my seal. I'm mostly just jealous of everybody else who passed already. The extra time has actually given me a little time to put the test in perspective and be more receptive to whatever result I receive.

If I was a non-engineer working for the state board or for PCS, I'm afraid I would fail to see much urgency in posting the results a few days earlier. Especially if I'm PCS- the examinees aren't even my client. The state board is. And I'm pretty sure PCS delivers a service that includes full documentation on all of the examinees, assignment of a license number, issuance of certificates and possibly many other things, so it's critical to their business that they deliver a final product that is free from errors high quality. The results are just one component.

The problem many of us are having right now isn't having to wait "an extra week." We're getting a little PO at the possibility of waiting basically a month after the first state's results.

Just curios, I would post the screenshot but can't figure out how.

Does anyone have their 'Scores Recieved' box checked with the green mark on PCS site?

Mine is not, just an arrow with a blue circle around it.

Application Approval Requirements

checked.png

Coordinator Review

checked.png

Board Review

checked.png

NCEES Registration Verification

checked.png

Final Review

that's all I see

blank.png
checked.png
Coordinator Review
blank.png
checked.png
Exam Date Notification
blank.png
checked.png
Eligibility Sent to NCEES
go.png
unchecked.png
Scores Received
I wonder if the nightly "maintenance" they've done yesterday and will do today, is in fact them updating their database(s)/and or prepping for the increased traffic?

Back