Whatcha Playin?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also just recently purchased GTA V (@Dleg, is that the one you were playing?) because the d@mn Steam holiday sale had it 50% off. But for real, that install size at 75GB?! That's ridonkulous! I actually decided to upgrade my main SSD to a 1TB just to accommodate that and the other 50+ games I have. LOL  The online play is also pretty cool. Until some noob slams into my new ride! But in general, the game is pretty cool. Just like old times (latest version I last played was Vice City). :thumbs:
Yeah that's the one. I stayed home and played a little today.  Delivered a drunk to the Altruists.  Explored. Just fun.

Bought the new God of War the day it came out.  I have to say, they did a heck of a job and can't miss with that series.  Scenery is beautiful as always, and while I thought I would hate the father/son gameplay and the new over the shoulder camera view, I don't, and the whole thing is done really well.  There are a few things from the old games that I miss (fast climbing/descending, more basic upgrade system, etc.), but it doesn't detract much. 

Bought the new God of War the day it came out.  I have to say, they did a heck of a job and can't miss with that series.  Scenery is beautiful as always, and while I thought I would hate the father/son gameplay and the new over the shoulder camera view, I don't, and the whole thing is done really well.  There are a few things from the old games that I miss (fast climbing/descending, more basic upgrade system, etc.), but it doesn't detract much. 
What platform? It was on sale on Steam the other day and I considered getting it. But I'm still working on GTA V and few other retro titles (PC). Though my PC is beginning to show its age. Might be time to design another Juggernaut. :D

What platform? It was on sale on Steam the other day and I considered getting it. But I'm still working on GTA V and few other retro titles (PC). Though my PC is beginning to show its age. Might be time to design another Juggernaut. :D
I believe the God of War title he is talking about is a PS4 exclusive... but don't quote me.  it looks damn good though.

If your going to build a new rig... it needs to be VR capable!  :)

I believe the God of War title he is talking about is a PS4 exclusive... but don't quote me.  it looks damn good though.

If your going to build a new rig... it needs to be VR capable!  :)
Perhaps I was thinking of a different title. Though I imagine it will be ported over to PC like everything else.

Not only VR capable, but also AR capable! Owning a computer business has it's perks in terms of selecting the proper hardware. :thumbs:

Yep, PS4.  Unless its a FPS, if its available on PS4, that's how I'm going to buy it to play in the theater upstairs.

So after noting that my daughter's silly putty looked like "Green Tentacle", I discovered Emuparadise and re-downloaded ScummVM.  Spent a couple hours this past weekend playing "Day of the Tentacle", and "Sam and Max: Hit the Road".  I downloaded "Full Throttle", and plan on spending the odd hours here and there reliving my youth by playing old LucasArts and Sierra adventure games, free of charge.

I played more Kings Quest, Space Quest, and Leisure Suit Larry, but my favorite was Freddy Pharcus: Frontier Pharmacist.

I was a die hard LucasArts adventure game fan though, including putting in some time doing news and web work for Mixnmojo.com when I was in my mid-late teens.

I played more Kings Quest, Space Quest, and Leisure Suit Larry, but my favorite was Freddy Pharcus: Frontier Pharmacist.

I was a die hard LucasArts adventure game fan though, including putting in some time doing news and web work for Mixnmojo.com when I was in my mid-late teens.

I remember playing Leisure Suit Larry as a preteen, sneaking around behind my parents backs to get to the good parts.

So I finally picked up Red Dead Redemption II.  Nice graphics, a little slow so far in the early stages.  They also need to make the horses about 50% faster by default.  I do appreciate the diversity of characters, though, especially the computer generated random ones.  You don't keep seeing the same 3 bad guys like you do in Assassin's Creed, etc.

Been playing RDR2 since it was released.  Absolutely amazing graphics and love how you can absolutely get lost in simply exploring the map.  

The gameplay can go as fast or as slow as you want.  I prefer to simply explore around and do a random quest from time to time.  My son is the opposite and will blast through the storyline in a couple days then go back to explore after he's beaten the final mission.

There are a TON of secrets/tips/tricks/easter egg videos on youtube which just add on to the fun of things.

They are also currently Beta-testing the online version.  I don't have a premium PS4 account, so haven't been able to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing RDR2 since it was released.  Absolutely amazing graphics and love how you can absolutely get lost in simply exploring the map.  

The gameplay can go as fast or as slow as you want.  I prefer to simply explore around and do a random quest from time to time.  My son is the opposite and will blast through the storyline in a couple days then go back to explore after he's beaten the final mission.

There are a TON of secrets/tips/tricks/easter egg videos on youtube which just add on to the fun of things.

They are also currently Beta-testing the online version.  I don't have a premium PS4 account, so haven't been able to try it.
I've been playing the Beta. I think it really requires a group to play. I have a few buddies playing and when fate actually aligns and we can all be online at the same time it has been fun. Playing solo it's hard to get anything done. It's a fun game but I've already started playing BFV more. 

A fantastic game but it's damn difficult! Very addicting too. LadyFox will play for hours at times. LOL
When I was first watching my brother play it, when it first came out, we spent around 2+ hours just catching frogs in the first area.  My parents were concerned when they came down and saw us happily collected random food-stuff so we could cook.

I think I posted this before, but have been playing a mobile game called Marvel's Contest of Champions for the last couple of years. It's basically a comic-book version of Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat, where it pits over a hundred different characters against each other in 1v1 fights.  You can see how Hulk would destroy Dr Strange, or put Wolverine against Spiderman. The more you play, the more characters you unlock, can level them up, play in different quests (bring 5 characters to do a series of fights).  Even has an online multiplayer element where you team up with 29 others to form alliances and do group quests and battle against other alliances. 

Anyways, since I've been playing for a couple of years I've progressed into the point that there are specific characters that I'm trying to unlock and anything else doesn't really help me. Over the last couple of weeks I ended up unlocking the same bottom of the barrel character 3 consecutive times. The chances of that happening were insanely tiny (each crystal earned has over 100 characters in it and it's an even chance of unlocking any of them, including ones you already have). It just pissed me off to the point I went to the player forums and posted a huge rant over it.

My rant ended up becoming a featured topic by one of the game's major youtube channels this morning. Got a bit of a laugh over something that pissed me off just a couple days prior.

Back