Whatcha Playin?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each Christmas it is tradition to purchase for my dad whatever the latest installment of whatever game he's playing is out with. For years it was Tomb Raider and it's mostly been Call of Duty. I've always just bought them at Target, because it's handy. 

This year I think I essentially purchased an empty box, because it's just a download code. 

:eek:ld-025:
Wait, you're dad's a gamer?! And there might have been a chance we played against one another in CoD online?  :eek:hmy:

So I just picked up a few PS3 games because they were super cheap on ebay for $0.99 each. I got, Call of Duty Black Ops II, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, and Assassin's Creed. Any suggestions on which one I should start with? :dunno:

My new rig is ready.  Going to have to pick it up right after New Years.  I feel kind of obligated to buy at least 1 game for it, now its a question of which one.  Preferably one that supports the 21:9 format.

My new rig is ready.  Going to have to pick it up right after New Years.  I feel kind of obligated to buy at least 1 game for it, now its a question of which one.  Preferably one that supports the 21:9 format.
Do you have a Steam account?

Destiny 2 supports that video resolution I think.

I do have a steam account.  The friend who built my computer actually used Destiny 2 as a test mule to see how it would handle the overclocking and said it ran flawlessly on medium settings.

i love destiny. 

i'm downloading gta right now and OVERNIGHT it only got to 72%???!!!!!111

i love destiny. 
GTAV? Yeah it's 75 gbs! I was going to share it off my BIL's account but I'm going to clear out a bunch of stuff.
yeah it's ridic. i had to unistall skyrim and halo :( :( :( :( :(

i have an external HD somewhere I need to find STAT

i love destiny. 

i love destiny. 
GTAV? Yeah it's 75 gbs! I was going to share it off my BIL's account but I'm going to clear out a bunch of stuff.
I also just recently purchased GTA V (@Dleg, is that the one you were playing?) because the d@mn Steam holiday sale had it 50% off. But for real, that install size at 75GB?! That's ridonkulous! I actually decided to upgrade my main SSD to a 1TB just to accommodate that and the other 50+ games I have. LOL  The online play is also pretty cool. Until some noob slams into my new ride! But in general, the game is pretty cool. Just like old times (latest version I last played was Vice City). :thumbs:

I also just recently purchased GTA V (@Dleg, is that the one you were playing?) because the d@mn Steam holiday sale had it 50% off. But for real, that install size at 75GB?! That's ridonkulous! I actually decided to upgrade my main SSD to a 1TB just to accommodate that and the other 50+ games I have. LOL  The online play is also pretty cool. Until some noob slams into my new ride! But in general, the game is pretty cool. Just like old times (latest version I last played was Vice City). :thumbs:
I just ordered a 4TB external because it was 95 dollars and a 2TB was 75 so like. value and stuff. but it won't be here until like a week OR MORE from now. #primespoiled

I just ordered a 4TB external because it was 95 dollars and a 2TB was 75 so like. value and stuff. but it won't be here until like a week OR MORE from now. #primespoiled
Newegg.com is also your friend. :thumbs:

Do the games work well off the externals? I have a 4tb external but haven't tried it since it's only 5,400 or something.

This whole being a moderator while appearing to be a supporting member (which I am also) is kind of like a fun game!

Back