What will be your victory dance if you pass??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you 100%, my family has benn part of this probably more than me, I'm in Miami too and I'm planning in the same way of your>
If I pass the PE exam I will leave from work right away and go thank my Wife and kids. Then, I will go eat the most expensive dinner with my family that I can find in Miami. Finally, party for 1 week straight and don't look back. We all put our blood, sweat and tears into this exam. If we pass we deserve to enjoy it for a while.
Anyone have anything planned?

:party-smiley-048:

:multiplespotting:
In Miami too..

I think I would do the waltz with a bottle of Johnny Walker Black maybe followed by a good old fashion tootsi roll.

If I fail, it'll be a slow dance...
Why not Johnny Blue?? So worth it... ;)
How much is a bottle of Blue ???
About $225 (in New York, with tax)...I bought one for my husband when he wrapped up his last grad class at Columbia...its a beautiful thing to sip, room temperature, no no no ice...so smooth. Then you keep the bottle, because its beautiful.
It's a beautiful thing... Had some at my boss' house - I can't afford that stuff.

Not sure what'll I'll do at this point. The wait has been so long I forgot how I was going to celebrate!

If I pass I plan to buy myself a Mustang GT500 - if I fail I will be purchasing more studying material.Tim
I want one of those...a little impractical at this current point in my life...but a mustang would be WONDERFUL!
I have a 8 weeks old and 2 year old - not the most practical but I sold my Roush Mustang when my wife got pregnant and I am missing it more than ever!

Nothing like cruising in an awesome convertible mustang!

I bought myself a boat for college graduation and I think it would go just nicely to buy one of these if I pass the PE!

Tim

If I pass, I'll perform a Riverdance, followed by the Ray Lewis pregame dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43adFL8RLk).
Actually, I'll probably just soak it in for a second, call my wife, call my references, and let my boss know. Not as exciting as a Riverdance, but it'll do.
Good call on the references, they should be on the top of the list. Without them you wouldn't be able to even sit for the test. At least in CO it's that way.

If I pass I plan to buy myself a Mustang GT500 - if I fail I will be purchasing more studying material.Tim
I want one of those...a little impractical at this current point in my life...but a mustang would be WONDERFUL!
I have a 8 weeks old and 2 year old - not the most practical but I sold my Roush Mustang when my wife got pregnant and I am missing it more than ever!

I bought myself a boat for college graduation and I think it would go just nicely to buy one of these if I pass the PE!

Tim
Nice! If I had received word about passing the PE exam before I got a car a few weeks ago I might have pulled the trigger on one of the new Dodge Challengers. As it stands, I'm happy with the used BMW so I have no regrets.

Too bad I'm single and have no one to show my PEness. Looks like I'll be beating my PEness like it owes me money.

PASS: Return all of the reference books I borrowed (thanks guys). Burn the ones I bought (unless somebody is in the market?)
:party-smiley-048:

FAIL: Avoid everyone in my office for the next four months, and drink heavily.

:smileyballs:

As an experienced 'failer' of the exam, avoiding everyone for a couple of months is the toughest because there is always that one guy who doesn't understand the 'etiquette' involved and has to ask you on a weekly basis "Did you hear anything yet?" and will continue to ask, well into February, before someone tells him I didn't pass.... and the worst part, is this guy is a PE and has gone through it already.

:smileyballs:

he probably told you it wasn't hard and passed on the first try. a$$holes...
and that he didn't study at all.

<--three timer
You know Daniel too?
I think he is talking about Jeff.

If I end up passing, I think I'll have to burn one of these Opus X's that are sitting in my humidor in celebration.

I suggested to hubby if he passes he should go streaking thru the office of his former employer that laid him off last year and show off his newly aquired PE-ness!

I suggested to hubby if he passes he should go streaking thru the office of his former employer that laid him off last year and show off his newly aquired PE-ness!
Not a good idea unless he would like for his cellmate to admire his PE-ness as well.

If I pass, and if I find out this week (big "if"), I will pull out all stops on the New Year's celebration with my girlfriend this weekend. May have to take her shopping and make a really big purchase... We'll definitely celebrate with an expensive dinner and some very expensive wine.

He may not want to do that, as he can get arrested for lewd acts, which can land him in jail, which can also lead to his newly acquired "PE-ness" axed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Leap into the air! Find a nice, clear, wide-open space to scream "F*^k Yeah!!!!!"

Next, a celebratory mosh to Fintroll...

Then an expensive, lovely dinner with my wonderful boyfriend... (who is so rad, he and his dad met me after the exam and drove me and my car an hour back to his place...)

Tim
Nice! If I had received word about passing the PE exam before I got a car a few weeks ago I might have pulled the trigger on one of the new Dodge Challengers. As it stands, I'm happy with the used BMW so I have no regrets.

Too bad I'm single and have no one to show my PEness. Looks like I'll be beating my PEness like it owes me money.
LOL!!

I'll celebrate by destroying every brain cell I trained up for the six months of studying. They must all die. And I think Pabst Blue Ribbon will be the murderer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll celebrate by destroying every brain cell I trained up for the six months of studying. They must all die. And I think Pabst Blue Ribbon will be the murder.
I think I did that the night of the exam. I hope I don't have to regrow brain cells to take it again...

I'll celebrate by destroying every brain cell I trained up for the six months of studying. They must all die. And I think Pabst Blue Ribbon will be the murder.
Evidently you're unaware of the Beer & Buffalo Theory. PBR will only make you stronger my friend; only make you stronger!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Clavin (and scroll down to "Buffalo Theory")

Back