What were you doing when you got your PASSING Letter?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I got my FE passing letter yesterday... I was checking like mad at work-no luck, checking like mad at home-no luck. I had dinner planned with my girls so I went out and I checked a few times one of their phones-no luck. At the end of dinner one of my friends said "hey what about your test?!" I decided to check one last time and told my friends (non engineers) not to judge me if I failed. I was able to get to the log in screen quickly and log in quickly...Clicked the link and got the results..."Congratulations...." I screamed and then our server asked us what was wrong and my friends told her I passed an important engineering test and she brought over a round of Patron shots on the house!! Couldn't have been better! :]]

Since I got my FE passing letter yesterday... I was checking like mad at work-no luck, checking like mad at home-no luck. I had dinner planned with my girls so I went out and I checked a few times one of their phones-no luck. At the end of dinner one of my friends said "hey what about your test?!" I decided to check one last time and told my friends (non engineers) not to judge me if I failed. I was able to get to the log in screen quickly and log in quickly...Clicked the link and got the results..."Congratulations...." I screamed and then our server asked us what was wrong and my friends told her I passed an important engineering test and she brought over a round of Patron shots on the house!! Couldn't have been better! :]]
Congrats!

That sounds like it happened perfectly then... Congrats!

NICE !

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow, best moment so far. it was october 2010 when i took the FE exam. it was the night of december 22, 2010, and in CA, it has been raining hard. it was only when the rain has stopped, and i was playing tetris and drinking some iced caramel macchiato. a few moments before, my family and i had a failed skype/ym video chat (we couldn't do conference) and my head was hurting because we couldn't figure out how to connect with a few of my cousins and aunts and uncles. so head pounding, with tetris and coffee i logged in my e-mail, and got an e-mail from ncees: "Your results from the NCEES October 2010 exam have been released." my gut feeling was, "oh, no... oh, no..." so my head hurts, my heart was beating fast, i thought i was getting a heart attack or a stroke or something, lol. i logged in, and on the website, i saw one link. oh, no. then, that pdf file opened, and all i saw was, "Congratulations!" i shrieked, my parents panicked and wondered what happened, then i just showed them my laptop, and my mom had a huge smile, my dad was suppressing his, and i was just jumping up and down lol. my dad at one point was like, "chill, it's just EIT." haha, then i went to facebook and said that it was the best christmas present ever, and only my engineering friends understood what it is, haha. then i proceeded to register in this forum. i logged off ncees, then i tried logging back in, and it said that they're "tweaking" the website and stuff. i couldn't sleep. the next day, running on 5 hours of sleep, i tried logging back in ncees, and voila! this time, i saved that results notice pdf, and a printed a hard copy. i still couldn't believe, and i'm happy i'm not dreaming, haha.

i hope to have the same moment (prolly even better) when i take my PE in two years. i first need to graduate, then get a job. :D

After the guy sitting next to me got a call from his girlfriend and started screaming "Hell Yes, F Yes" and other similiar variations, I asked a coworker to take me to my house (as the screamign dude and myself took the exam the same date - October '07). Alas my mailbox was empty at lunchtime. Dragging through the last four hours, I stopped to have a beer before heading home (5 minutes from the office). As I stepped in front of myself I think I prayed to every single deity (Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist and Santeria) :holyness: opened the mailbox and saw the letter from NCEES. I opened it, saw the "PASS" text, reread it, and started into screaming fits similar to my coworker's and mass texted and called people. Since 2007 was during the condo boom we then went to South Beach, had a Mexican dinner at Rancho Grande (best tex mex if you're in Miami IMHO) and then went to Mansion and got bottles in the VIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the guy sitting next to me got a call from his girlfriend and started screaming "Hell Yes, F Yes" and other similiar variations, I asked a coworker to take me to my house (as the screamign dude and myself took the exam the same date - October '07). Alas my mailbox was empty at lunchtime. Dragging through the last four hours, I stopped to have a beer before heading home (5 minutes from the office). As I stepped in front of myself I think I prayed to every single deity (Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist and Santeria) :holyness: opened the mailbox and saw the letter from NCEES. I opened it, saw the "PASS" text, reread it, and started into screaming fits similar to my coworker's and mass texted and called people. Since 2007 was during the condo boom we then went to South Beach, had a Mexican dinner at Rancho Grande (best tex mex if you're in Miami IMHO) and then went to Mansion and got bottles in the VIP.
Great story!! I told my boyfriend when we pass our PE's we're def heading to Vegas and doing some VIP bottle service! hahah Congrats! :]]

Finally, the email came, with 2 attachments. One titled "pass_fial_letter_for_1010xxxxxx" and one titled "CO Pass". While the second attachment gave me hope, I didn't trust that I had passed until I saw it with my own eyes. ... Then the recession hit.
I was unemployed at the time, job searching, and obsessively checking my e-mail for my results from the PE exam that I took in Grand Junction CO in October 2008. I had the same reaction at seeing the two attachments ... nervous as hell ... so I opened the second one first. Since it only contained instructions on what was to happen once you passed, that should have been sufficient confirmation, but of course I still had my doubt until I opened the first letter. Still feeling the effects of the recession while commuting to a job 93 miles away because I can't find one closer to where I live nor move to where my job is because I can't sell my house.

Latest posts

Back