What were you doing when you got your PASSING Letter?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sitting at my desk at work at 4:45PM on a Monday... my wife called and said "It's here"... I told her to open it since it would take me half an hour to make it home... she read PASS and I got up and did a victory lap through the office.

I can assure you that if I pass there will be some alcohol and a cigar involved. If I fail...just the alcohol.
I have the same "victory" idea that you have. There has been a Cohiba sitting in my humidor since June. I had a Rocky Patel Conneticut the night I finished the exam.

A bottle of Dom Perignon if I pass (given to me as a wedding gift)... a 12 pack of Budlight if I don't (I have to watch the spending if I am still an EI).

I hope I get to smoke that Cohiba by Christmas day (2010)!

Several months after my second attempt at the FE, I was standing in my kitchen going through the mail when I saw the letter from Castle. My boyfriend (now husband) had just had brain surgery and was in the hospital. My children had been in PA with their grandparents...and had traveled to Brooklyn with my mom and were now waiting for me to pick them up. I looked at that letter, and I swear my heart was thumping so loudly in my chest that all I could hear was a faint ringing in my ears. I opened the letter and read PASS. I cried and jumped and skipped around the apartment. I would have hugged someone/anyone...but no one was around. When I arrived at my aunt's house to pick my kids up...I wanted to share my accomplishment with everyone...but they didn't really understand what the big deal was. It kinda fell on deaf ears, and my children were too small to care. So it was a little bit of a private celebration for me...

Now I'm waiting on the PE, and of course EVERYBODY knows how many times I've taken it...and they keep asking me "did you pass did you pass did you pass..." and I'm ready to kill them. Am secretly aching for a time when no one knew, no one cared, and I actually passed. Grass is always greener as they say...

Several months after my second attempt at the FE, I was standing in my kitchen going through the mail when I saw the letter from Castle. My boyfriend (now husband) had just had brain surgery and was in the hospital. My children had been in PA with their grandparents...and had traveled to Brooklyn with my mom and were now waiting for me to pick them up. I looked at that letter, and I swear my heart was thumping so loudly in my chest that all I could hear was a faint ringing in my ears. I opened the letter and read PASS. I cried and jumped and skipped around the apartment. I would have hugged someone/anyone...but no one was around. When I arrived at my aunt's house to pick my kids up...I wanted to share my accomplishment with everyone...but they didn't really understand what the big deal was. It kinda fell on deaf ears, and my children were too small to care. So it was a little bit of a private celebration for me...
Now I'm waiting on the PE, and of course EVERYBODY knows how many times I've taken it...and they keep asking me "did you pass did you pass did you pass..." and I'm ready to kill them. Am secretly aching for a time when no one knew, no one cared, and I actually passed. Grass is always greener as they say...
So...

Did you pass? :asthanos:

Did you pass? :asthanos:
Probably NOT.

Will be off to drown my sorrows in a goblet of Pinot Noir shortly.

Its 5pm. Do you know where your PE results are? :mail-296:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I took the FE back in 4/05; I was in the middle of my Senior year at college. When the letter came, I was in the bush of Alaska working for BLM Cadastral Survey. During one of my weekly phone calls back to civilization on the sat phone, I was able to hear that I had a letter concerning my FE results. I had the person who was getting my mail just keep that letter on the top of the pile for when I would get back in a couple weeks.

Upon getting home, it was the first thing I opened, found that I passed; then went to update my resume! I had to ensure it said EIT after my name. I finished opening my mail and then started with cover letters for sending out the resumes. The next day was dedicated to getting everything else needed for the upcoming school semester!

Now I just wait to hear about the PE; again...

I was trimming the hedge out front when I found out (I'm serious - no double entendre this time). The director of the licensing board called me, on an unpaid "austerity" Friday, and told me that she had my results from NCEES, and I had passed. I thought that was very nice of her.

It was awesome. I finished trimming the hedge, then went to pick up my pass letter, and then to the store where I bought two cases of beer, called up a bunch of friends, and partied.

Then... island politics came into play and kind of ruined it for me, when the appointed board members decided to screw around with me and "think about" whether they really wanted to give me my license (I'm a regulator and I guess I pissed one or more of them off at some point). I didn't know if I would ever get my license until I had it in my hands, over 2 months later.

How many will say "I was frantically refreshing EB.com because it was temporarily down due to bandwidth issues, when my email popped up" ??

:D

How many will say "I was frantically refreshing EB.com because it was temporarily down due to bandwidth issues, when my email popped up" ??

:D
Unfortunately nobody because the site is back up and there is still no results... sigh. BTW, I'm checking this forum more than facebook now. I think I'm addicted.

Latest posts

Back