What does the Fox say?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fox,

I'm having trouble getting my new computer to detect my wireless network. The display also doesn't seem to be working. What suggestions do you have?

Not sure of the specs on the machine, but here is a picture of it:

Old-Microwave-001.jpg

The guy I bought it from told me it was the new Apple product, the iWave.
Wait a minute! I wonder if this is the "$350 @ss-kicking bare bones build" that MS has.

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Fox,

I'm having trouble getting my new computer to detect my wireless network. The display also doesn't seem to be working. What suggestions do you have?

Not sure of the specs on the machine, but here is a picture of it:

Old-Microwave-001.jpg

The guy I bought it from told me it was the new Apple product, the iWave.
Wait a minute! I wonder if this is the "$350 @ss-kicking bare bones build" that MS has.

:p

I had that same model...

^^

Did you find using the keyboard was incredibly uncomfortable also? I don't know what those folks at Apple were thinking but it certainly wasn't ergonomics.

So far the only program I've been able to figure out is the stopwatch countdown feature.

^^

Did you find using the keyboard was incredibly uncomfortable also? I don't know what those folks at Apple were thinking but it certainly wasn't ergonomics.

So far the only program I've been able to figure out is the stopwatch countdown feature.

I got the clock working on mine, the stop watch count down feature and tried to get my itunes library working, however all all got was a humming white noise and it only works if you have the stopwatch application running

I had a similar model, but had to get rid of it because it didn't have a USB port.

I had a similar model, but had to get rid of it because it didn't have a USB port.
On the plus side, I was able to get it to play a couple videos. Unfortunately, it was only a video of food spinning in circles. The weird part was that despite the fact it was spinning so slowly, the food always seemed to come out hot. Some kind of crazy friction coefficient. :dunno:

I had a similar model and tried to figure out why the HDD was spinning so slowly. Then I figured out it was because it was so large and made of glass. Well, I took out that platter and put in a metal serving platter. Damn thing caught fire. To this day, that is why i don't like Mac products.

okay here's a really serious stupid question, KF. my desk phone buzzes, I was on the phone with our director of IT about a project and he asked me to move away from my pc and then proceeded to tell me that was why my phone was buzzing. Why da'F would you make a phone to sit on an OFFICE desk in close proximity of a computer that can't be used properly near the computer?!?!? why?

Dear knightfox,

What time does the internet close for business?
Obamacare.

okay here's a really serious stupid question, KF. my desk phone buzzes, I was on the phone with our director of IT about a project and he asked me to move away from my pc and then proceeded to tell me that was why my phone was buzzing. Why da'F would you make a phone to sit on an OFFICE desk in close proximity of a computer that can't be used properly near the computer?!?!? why?
I don't think it's the PC causing the buzzing noise. I'm fairly certain it's your cell phone searching for a more reliable/faster signal. I have my office phone sitting on top of my PC tower and never have any buzzing issues.

Certain cell phone providers use a frequency band that causes a bit of interference with phones equipped to utilize speakerphone. I know AT&T was one at my last office.

You need to turn off "interference mode". Under settings -> users -> noise just look for the option...

Ok Fox, here are the specs: (sorry for the long post. It won't let me attach anything larger than 2kb) There are 4 laptops. I'd rather have a laptop than a desktop because sometimes I might want to take it with me. I do a lot of programming and want it to handle analysis of large raster files. But I might also want to travel with it. Maybe I need 2 separate machines - one very light for traveling and the other able to crunch numbers. Or maybe they're all fine for what I need? I just don't know how much difference it makes.

[SIZE=8pt]Name: [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]Laptop: Performance 15 Laptop 64 - Latitude E6540 w/3yr CHESS Warranty (KYHD)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]CLIN: [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]E6540-3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Type: [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]Laptops[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Description: [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]Laptop: Performance 15 Laptop 64 - Latitude E6540 w/3yr CHESS Warranty (KYHD)[/SIZE]
Not sure what the price is on this, but above would be my 1st choice vs. the other 2. And if you really need some ultra portability, a hybrid laptop/tablet might be the most efficient and economical solution. I can elaborate more on that if you like.

Thanks. Why that one instead of the S&E 15 Laptop 64 - Precision M4800?

Latest posts

Back