What does the Fox say?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed WinME one day when I was in college. It was so buggy it was unusable, and I had Win98 re-installed by the end of the day. That is the shortest time I have ever used an operating system. I think it was only installed for 7 hours.
I think I had it installed for maybe two days. I know for sure it was a Win 98 machine before the week was over.

I responded in that thread. I see not apparent issues on the EB.com side of things. Lots of search bar spam bots lurking out there that are VERY quick to redirect your browser.

The is from the 999 problems thread. I didn't want to derail that one. So my Hotmail got hacked. I changed the password and have the two step thing activated. I can login through Hotmail.com, but that s all. Now my outlook and iPhone are both screwed up. I've entered the new password a few dozen times in both and it will not recognize it. I deleted the Hotmail account from the iphone and tried to reinstate. FAIL. What now?

The is from the 999 problems thread. I didn't want to derail that one. So my Hotmail got hacked. I changed the password and have the two step thing activated. I can login through Hotmail.com, but that s all. Now my outlook and iPhone are both screwed up. I've entered the new password a few dozen times in both and it will not recognize it. I deleted the Hotmail account from the iphone and tried to reinstate. FAIL. What now?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/app-passwords-two-step-verification

I stand by 2-step authentication and would recommend enabling this not only for online email accounts, but also for online retailers, social networking, online banking etc.

OMG!! HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT. That worked perfectly for both problems. Thank you so much.

WTF is onenote? I've googled it and read what it is supposed to do but it still am confused on the purpose and usefullness

It's supposed to be basically like a "virtual post-it notepad". And it can sync to the cloud so that meeting notes can be passed between groups of people who participate at the same meeting. I never really used it much as we just compile notes and email out to everyone. It's an alright idea but I don't think ever really too off. There are better note-taking apps on the Android market IMO.

I know i may be late to the party, but I have recently started using Google Chrome. I have to say it seems much less bug prone than IE. I may be converted.

Just when their browser turned a corner and was getting to be good again. Big surprise that Adobe Flash is part of the exploit (sarcasm) SMH....

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/04/28/307763583/u-s-tells-users-to-stop-using-internet-explorer-for-now?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

The Department of Homeland Security is warning Americans to stop using the Web browser Internet Explorer because it has a bug that could allow hackers to install malicious software without the user knowing it.

The vulnerability, , has already been exploited in the wild. Essentially, all a user has to do to become a victim is view a "specially crafted HTML document," which means a Web page or even a rich email or attachment.

"We are currently unaware of a practical solution to this problem," CERT said that users can avoid the bug by using another browser for now, or by disabling Adobe Flash.

Krebs on Security, a blog that specializes in these types of stories, is to run Internet Explorer in "Enhanced Protected Mode" and "64-bit process mode, which is available for IE10 and IE11 in the Internet Options settings as ."

Last edited by a moderator:
ok mr computer man. my second monitor out of nowhere put up a message saying the input signal was out of range WTF does that mean and why would all of a sudden stop working

ok mr computer man. my second monitor out of nowhere put up a message saying the input signal was out of range WTF does that mean and why would all of a sudden stop working
then black out and go into sleep mode. I pressed the menu button just now and it came back to life
I've only seen this happen a few times. And generally, it's an issue with the resolution, the Windows video driver, or the refresh rate. Or a combination of all (3). When the monitor can't interpret the signal from the video card it's connected to, it just goes to sleep. It is odd though that it was working prior to this and then just tweaked out. Did you recently do any updates or software installs? It sounds like your IT group generally handles this though. How about the video cables, are any of them not screwed in tightly enough such that there is a spotty pin connection? Couldn't hurt to double check both on the PC end and the monitor end.

the display port to vga monitor cable connector was not screwed together, just pushed together...maybe that caused it.

can i take a single figure out of a pdf file and make it its own file without the full version of adobe?

can i take a single figure out of a pdf file and make it its own file without the full version of adobe?
Yes. Use the "snapshot" feature. It isn't shown on the toolbar by default though. You have to add it to one of your toolbars. Once copied to clipboard, just paste it in MS Paint or Word.

Yes. Use the "snapshot" feature. It isn't shown on the toolbar by default though. You have to add it to one of your toolbars. Once copied to clipboard, just paste it in MS Paint or Word.
this worked...then I had to mess with the page setting to get it 11x17 for just that one page.

Back