What color was the pencil?!?!?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even think about taking it. Actually never crossed my mind.
Gives me a mental image of Michael Corleone leaving the gun after offing Sollozo and the police captain. Hopefully, you hit that test the same way.

Blue in CO
I signed a confidentiality agreement saying I wouldn't reveal any exam answers.

I regret to inform you that I am unable to disclose the color of the barrel of the mechanical pencil they handed to me.

Sigh...I know this is probably going to incite some investigation by NCEES or massive pencil buying scheme, but here it goes anyway...

They haven't changed the actual design or look of the pencils in quite a few administrations. Seems to me that the security of not bringing in your own pencils is now null and void by the fact that someone could legitimately own before the test the exact pencil they are using...and then put whatever cheating device in it. Really, we've only seen blue, red, black with upper or lower case. Not that hard to have to repeat.

Just a thought. It goes back to the comparison to TSA...is it actual security, or just a pain?

When I took the EIT it was one of the first times they started providing pencils...and I now own two identical red pencils from two separate tests.

yeah even assuming i pass each test on first pass, i still take 4 tests - FS, FE, PS, PE. . . so far i'm hoping i'm 2 for 2.

Now how to insert my cheatin mimeograph w/ wireless capability into the pencils. . . ?

Miami FLA sold us blue pencils (white with blue squares and white NCEES, lowercase www.ncees.org in blue, blue clip and grip) - If you look closely at the side of the clip, mine says "RANCE" which I think should say "FRANCE" except the mold maker was sippin on some vino tinto on the job.

I now have a nice pair, one red, one blue.

hey csb - that picture is a HOTTY! She makes molecules spin around in my head! Is that your little sister? I want to meet her..... :doganim:

Back