What color was the pencil?!?!?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red and white with cheap ass lead that broke at least every other problem.

mine was white as well. apparently, i folded up my notebook with the pencil in there, so now i have a souvenir from from my fateful day! i'll wait until results in June to decide if i want to frame it or burn it.

ps- i know NCEES patrols these boards, so before you lay the smack down on me, i'll gladly ship the pencil back to you if you want it :)

Don't worry, you're allowed to keep the pencil...

How lame would it be if you sat to take the test and they gave you a used pencil... like the one casey chewed on... or the one AN_US used...

I have amassed a collection of two. the blue one (with lower case letters) I used on the FE and the green one (with capital letters) I used for the PE. I still use both, but the blueone is a bit worse for wear, as I have had it for 5 years and it does appead that the grip (not the eraser) did end up in my mouth at some time.

I know some people have accumulated quite a collection over the years...

Cap. had his framed with his calculator and cert! (good move Cap)

Red & white

Stuck it in pocket, raced home to beat the traffic & found it in my pocket.

Had not used a mech pencil much in years, so I practiced with one & my new HP-35s, always breaking the lead. Did not break once during the test!!

They gave me two pencils (red and black) when I took the PE, and I kept them both. I asked, first.

My pencil was red on white. Also, the live load deflection definitely exceeded L/360, it had a large spring constant 'k' rather than a low modulus of elasticity 'E', this is in comparison to the very stiff pentel that I use at work.

Black lettering on white background...

I forgot to take it with me... or maybe I did, I'll check my boxes...

This time I knew I would be using the eraser a lot so I made sure not to put it in my mouth.

^ Mine was blue & came with a rosary. . . it believed in God & believed in me. . . .all its friends say its a little crazy

it wore NCEES hard on its sleeve, it don't give a d@mn what the world thinks of me

it tells me its all good - its happy with a bad seed - happy to be misunderstood. . .

ROCK N F'N ROLL ITS F'N OVER!! :bananalama:

Back