What are you/your kids being for Halloween this year?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are at the end of one cul-de-sac and some friends of ours are at the end of the cul-de-sac the next street over.  We've got a big pie shaped lot and theirs is a big rectangle so we actually end up sharing a good bit of property line.  There's been talk of doing a full blown haunted trail next year back through the woods behind our house and up through the woods on their side.  There's already a path going back through our woods that our kids use to go back and forth between houses.  We'd have to build some kind of bridge across the little creek that runs back there, but I'm sure there's someone who could figure that out...
default_biggrin.png
.  Would have to figure out how to get power to all her animatronics though too.

Trail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We are at the end of one cul-de-sac and some friends of ours are at the end of the cul-de-sac the next street over.  We've got a big pie shaped lot and theirs is a big rectangle so we actually end up sharing a good bit of property line.  There's been talk of doing a full blown haunted trail next year back through the woods behind our house and up through the woods on their side.  There's already a path going back through our woods that our kids use to go back and forth between houses.  We'd have to build some kind of bridge across the little creek that runs back there, but I'm sure there's someone who could figure that out...
default_biggrin.png
.  Would have to figure out how to get power to all her animatronics though too.

View attachment 10286
It's so frickin green.  Each house has more than 7000 SF property.  The driveways are so long.  Not everyone has a fence.  There are so few pools.  Where is the curb, gutter, and sidewalk??  This looks like a completely different world to me!  
default_wacko.png

It's so frickin green.  Each house has more than 7000 SF property.  The driveways are so long.  Not everyone has a fence.  There are so few pools.  Where is the curb, gutter, and sidewalk??  This looks like a completely different world to me!  
default_wacko.png
Welcome to the affordable world. :thumbs:

in semi rural subdivisions that's what the subdivision roads are for

we live in one of those ridiculous California concept subdivision with 36 FT wide streets in the subdivision plus sidewalks on both sides of the road...its not like I  have time to mow the grass anyways but geesh... enough already..

Be glad when the fence / wall is up between CA and the rest of the Country

default_wacko.png
7,000 sf?!?!  If I had that, I would still just be using my push mower.  We've got a hair over 2 acres.  Behind that is another couple hundred acres of woods, but we're still only 10 minutes from downtown...you can actually see the downtown skyline if you're standing on the hill on the next street over.  We do have curb and gutter, but no sidewalks.  The neighborhood is small enough that we don't have them.  At one point I think it was supposed to be bigger though because the driveways have the little 4-ft strip of sidewalk going through them where a sidewalk would be, there's just nothing connecting them.

It's funny that even though I had 10x the trees in my old house Leaves were never an issue back in Atlanta like they are here on a tiny lot.

I had an acre back east and could just take the leaves into the woods on our lot and let them decompose. Here in Denver I have 1/4 lot and it's like a 2 weekend effort to take bag The leaves so they can be picked up because I don't even have 5 SF of non yard to put them...

It's funny that even though I had 10x the trees in my old house Leaves were never an issue back in Atlanta like they are here on a tiny lot.

I had an acre back east and could just take the leaves into the woods on our lot and let them decompose. Here in Denver I have 1/4 lot and it's like a 2 weekend effort to take bag The leaves so they can be picked up because I don't even have 5 SF of non yard to put them...
We have a ravine thing off to the side, so we blow all the leaves over there.  The neighbors don't have that option, so they have to bag. 

The winds, while they will blow my grill and lawn furniture down the street, seem to not be able to pick up the leaves for whatever reason...

We border conservation land a/k/a woods that I just use the leaf blower and move them to there.  The real problem is the **** acorns as they are everywhere and I have yet to find an efficient way to clean them besides raking/thatching and picking them up with a shovel.  Royal PITA.

We border conservation land a/k/a woods that I just use the leaf blower and move them to there.  The real problem is the **** acorns as they are everywhere and I have yet to find an efficient way to clean them besides raking/thatching and picking them up with a shovel.  Royal PITA.
WORD.  **** acorns.  The kids really liked them though.

7,000 sf?!?!  If I had that, I would still just be using my push mower.  We've got a hair over 2 acres.  Behind that is another couple hundred acres of woods, but we're still only 10 minutes from downtown...you can actually see the downtown skyline if you're standing on the hill on the next street over.  We do have curb and gutter, but no sidewalks.  The neighborhood is small enough that we don't have them.  At one point I think it was supposed to be bigger though because the driveways have the little 4-ft strip of sidewalk going through them where a sidewalk would be, there's just nothing connecting them.
Yup, typical tract housing in So Cal is 70' wide by 100' deep, with some variation.  Yup, I use either a manual push mower if I feel like getting a little exercise or a gas push mower.  :)  

I use a weed whacker for my entire lawn. Which is no more than 400sf.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back